Regret Skipping Vince?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bravobevo, Mar 21, 2007.

1. bravobevo

bravobevo 25+ Posts

A year after being able to select Vince Young in the draft, the Houston Texans are finally ready to make a change at quarterback.

2. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

bravo, bevo.

3. mez2

mez2 100+ Posts

I wanted to root for the Texans. I was born Houston, grew up in Houston, and love football. I was looking for any reason to start cheering for the Texans. When VY declared I had my hopes set of rooting for the hometown kid and the Texans. They passed on him and I decided to pass on the Texans.

Vy has given me more to cheer for than in 1 NFL season than the Texans have ever done in their existence; to hell with them.

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

If I can just get off of this VY freeway
    Without getting killed or caught
    I'd be down that road in a cloud of smoke
    For some land that I ain't bought bought bought

5. i got a legal question. if native americans are getting fed up with schools using indian names... i'd like to sue nfl-houston. 183+ Texans didn't die in the Alamo so a ****** football team could name themselves after them.

from first generation Texican, i'm ******* offended.

6. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

^

DAMN good point, goo. [​IMG]

7. a texans thread?????????? shocker.

the texans are better without vince young. vince is only good because of the system. schaub, meanwhile, is an mvp caliber talent and is likely to wind up in canton.

8. VoodooChi|d

VoodooChi|d 500+ Posts

I'm pretty sure that's a bannable offense stockton [​IMG]

9. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

Wait, the Texans had a chance to pick Vince Young? And they passed him over?

10. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

I refuse to admit that the Texans passed on Vince. I also refuse to admit that Houston was awarded a new franchise. And I am working on convincing myself that the Oilers ever left Houston.

11. BigOrange

BigOrange 100+ Posts

I'm with GOO.

Calling themselves the "Texans" offends me, an actual Texan.

12. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

Vince Young a BORN in Houston Texas, a true Texan could have played in Houston, but the nfl team stuck with a cali guy that now they are dumping and they want us to root for them?

flock bob mcnair, he is a disgrace. [​IMG]

agree with goo, change the name.

13. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

14. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

15. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

ghost, there are lots of websites you can visit to purchase a sarcasm meter.

i suggest you visit a few of them.

16. homer

homer 500+ Posts

17. CutTheCrackJack

CutTheCrackJack 25+ Posts

18. ghost is on every thread calling everyone/everything aggy, but refuses to acknowledge that vince does not have a classic throwing motion and can't do **** unless he's in a shotgun offense.

19. Snow Dog

Snow Dog < 25 Posts

The Texans name has always bothered me, I hear it on the radio and I always think they are referencing Texas (as in the Longhorns).

A radio caller finally put into words what had been lurking in the back of my head since they named the team. The name itself is strange. How does the name New Orleans Louisianans sound?
    How about the San Diego Californians? It seems redundant and silly.

20. what other posts?

21. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

Vince Young does not have a classic throwing motion. I have not noticed a higher degree of passes being batted down, by not having a classic throwing motion. I have noticed without that classic throwing motion he faired pretty well in completion percentage in his last year in college. I have noticed in his rookie season, VY managed to complete passes without a classic throwing motion. Without that classic throwing motion VY threw for 2199 yards, wonder what he would have done with a classic throwing motion.

wonder how much he would suck with a classic running motion?

22. vince's throwing motion is a major liability and you just don't want to accept it.
    he runs straight up and is susceptible to hits.
    watch some tape and get back to me.

23. Nolalonghorn16

Nolalonghorn16 250+ Posts

Tape like this?The Link
    I do see what you mean about him running straight up and getting hit, that's exactly what's happening as he crosses the goal line

24. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

the ADMIRAL has no idea what you're talking about.

25. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

This thread is hilarious for some large percentage of us. I salute you, Admral.

26. orange_pride

orange_pride 100+ Posts

i really think the texans knew they made a mistake but they don't want to admit it.

i live in houston and cheer for houston teams but like some else said, the hell with them

28. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

Son of a biscuit eater do i hate that franchise. ADMIRAL why don't you try to sell the old Reggie is better than Vince.

29. Nolalonghorn16

Nolalonghorn16 250+ Posts

30. you acknowleged that he got hit while running straight up. it doesn't matter if it's on the 50 yard line or the goaline.
    i love vince, but i call 'em like i see 'em, and his mechanics are all wrong.