Rehearsal Dinner

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Stuck_At_Work, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

I'm looking for a dinner spot for a rehearsal dinner. We are aiming at ~$15 per person for about 50 people. We were hoping to do something Austiny... but that is proving to be harder than expected at our price point. Any ideas?

2. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I think County Line on the Lake has a room that would hold 50. The food would be about 15 without any alcohol. Salt Lick might work, too. There are probably some Mexican food places where you can reserve a room - I know you can at El Rancho, although it is very loud.

3. jbentley0813

jbentley0813 100+ Posts

What's the date? Ours was in May with a similar-sized group and we went with party barge on Lake Travis + burgers + keg. The total bill was less than $20 per head.

4. Stuck_At_Work

The dinner would be on Friday, 11/7.

I really appreciate the suggestions. Any more centrally located restaurants that can accomodate 50 in this price point?

5. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

We did ours at Nuevo Leon on east 6th St. Private room, 50 people, tv/dvd player (we played a 10 minute video). Fajita buffet.

I cannot remember the exact rate but it was about $15 per person. We did, however, have open bar for house margaritas and beer (only, no top shelf stuff) which bumped that up. I am fortunate my parents picked up the entire bill. I told them that I would pay for the alcohol part b/c they had agreed to do the food but they picked up the whole thing.

6. Stuck_At_Work

Wow. Just called Nuevo Leon. Very awkward experience.

They connected me through to restaurant manager's office. Somehow the phone was live. There seemed to be an employee meeting going on. This is what I heard:

"Nice work guys. Especially the ladies...." and then something about them being "especially naughty". It was followed by some laughing... so maybe I am taking this out of context... but it certainly didn't sound very appropriate. I think I'll take my business elsewhere.

7. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

8. bevocbs

bevocbs 250+ Posts

9. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

What time does Nuevo Leon open, or better yet, close? I just ate, but screw it.

10. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Did you hear the guy spank anyone on the other line?

11. preznick555

preznick555 25+ Posts

We're doing ours at Chez Zee. May be just a bit above your price range...but they are very flexible. They give you the menu prices and let you set up your own menu with up to 5 items. Give them a call...the manager is a cool guy and very flexible.

12. CHorn

CHorn 25+ Posts

So I remembered this post from a while back and was wondering what place you went to and how it turned out. I to am looking for a rehearsal dinner spot in austin. Any suggestions or help would be grateful. [​IMG]

13. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

You could try the Serranos at Symphony Square. My brother-in-law had his there, and they gave us the extra building and the entire patio (might be too cold in November). I think it was around your price range, and they're willing to negotiate.

Good luck!