relationship hyperdrive...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by dalhorn1, Sep 26, 2008.

1. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

this may sound trite to some, but the girl I've been dating and I could use some prayers for direction. Seems that we weren't careful, and she's potentially "late". Being a christian (not a good one,but still am) , I'm torn to pieces about this, and could use prayers to hear God's plan for us.

I care for this girl deeply, and pray that nothing from this will harm our relationship, but I worry that our carelessness could drive a wedge between us. I don't know if I could live with that notion. I don't know which outcome has been chosen for us, but prayers for guidance and calm are welcome.

2. El Cid Vicious

El Cid Vicious 100+ Posts

Having unprotected sex wasn't chosen for you, you chose it. Now instead of wondering which outcome has been chosen for you, you need to make a choice here.

I'm not against abortion, but the facts in this particular case seem to call for having the baby and making a serious commitment to your girlfriend. You are a Christian, you pray, you have a strong conscience, you care for this girl deeply and you want nothing to harm the relationship. All of that says to me - marry her and keep the baby. Of course, there are many details you have left out. How old are you, are one or both of you still in school, how does she feel about you, what are her personal values about marriage and about abortion, etc.

I wish you well and hope your relationship remains strong in this difficult situation. With any luck, maybe her being late is just a temporary scare.

3. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Easy El cid....the guy is under a lot of pressure and abortion is a strong word. [​IMG] dal, I couldn't imagine what you are going through right now, lots and lots of questions for you to answer and we couldn't possibly tell you what to do, just not enough information here. However, I would at least go purchase a pregnancy tester, pick a couple of different ones unless someone on here can provide the name of a good one, ours was correct when we tested and it should give you a good idea but I would use several different brands and go from there. If it comes back positive i would get her to a Dr. to further confirm. If the Dr. comes back i would approach both parents for guidance as they know you both better than us. It's a tough responsibility but it isn't the end of the world, you are not the first person to be in this position [​IMG] so stay calm and good luck. Seek help other than hornfans.