Release The Memo

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

$9,900. Documented.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In 4 more days, Nunes can start issuing new subpoenas
    This will be Comey, et al.
    Should be entertaining

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

This just keeps getting better and better...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...n-behind-the-trump-dossier?platform=hootsuite

http://thehill.com/376858-australia...rompted-fbis-russia-probe-has-tie-to-clintons

"
    The Australian diplomat whose tip in 2016 prompted the Russia-Trump investigation previously arranged one of the largest foreign donations to Bill and Hillary Clinton’s charitable efforts, documents show.

Former Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer’s role in securing $25 million in aid from his country to help the Clinton Foundation fight AIDS is chronicled in decade-old government memos archived on the Australian foreign ministry’s website.

Downer and former President Clinton jointly signed a Memorandum of Understanding in February 2006 that spread out the grant money over four years for a project to provide screening and drug treatment to AIDS patients in Asia. "

5. ProdigalHorn

And then we have the Nunberg circus, which is not really funny at this point as much as it is really sad.

6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I don’t even know what that is about, but it is bizarre.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ProdigalHorn

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Nunberg is a trainwreck. The Trump campaign finally realized this the second time they fired him and filed a $10m suit against him.

10. ProdigalHorn

I think most of us can agree that Trump did a crap job of assembling his team. Lots of reasons for that I suppose, not the least of which is running as a "drain the swamp" guy, which cuts down on a whole lot of the (theoretically) qualified people who likely aren't fond of you and don't want to work with you.

• Like Like x 3
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Damn, I think we found a spot where you and I agree. I'd add two other points. Many qualified folks have said/done anti Trump things that keep them from getting on board even if they want to be. Also, (and I actually know someone personally who falls into this category who has been rumored to be an appointee over the past year) they gently supported Trump as the least worst choice on 11/8/16 and would be involved in his administration IF the direction that they'd be working their agency towards coincides with their own philosophies. However, as you point out, there's a perception at times that they're a part of the swamp due to past associations.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I think it was more the fact that nobody thought he could win early on which left the campaign looking at D-List applicants. Whatever you think about Trump, he overcame his campaign talent deficiencies to persevere.

13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I don't agree with that. There have been some missteps, which have been dealt with, but people like SHS, Nikki Haley, Betsy DeVos and Rex Tillerson are killing it, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Betsy DeVos ain't killing anything. I think the turnover of this administration is unprecedented.

15. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I thought he just meant the campaign team. As everyone can recall, Trump just about ran his own campaign, so there was a lot less to it than a typical high-fund-raising organization.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

How can you include Tillerson (whom I don't think is particularly good) but leave out James Mattis, who might be the best SecDef since George Marshall?

• Like Like x 2
  17. ProdigalHorn

I absolutely LOVE Nikki Haley and hope she has a long future in GOP politics. She needs to be on a short list for future presidential runs.

DeVos - don't know. You almost never read about anything she's doing, which actually tells me she's probably doing OK. If she were DESTROYING OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM WITH RIGHT WING FASCIST TACTICS, we'd probably be hearing more about that.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And Pruitt? Killing it at the epa.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

<Cough>. . . @Htown77 . . .<Cough>

20. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, well the revenue figures aren't looking so robust these days. Again, if everybody could take out a $15,000 mortgage, no payments due until after you die, we'd have a lot of money in circulation. If the tax cuts pays for itself, I'd be way more surprised than I was when we elected Donald Trump.

21. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I would still move to China and advocate for more terms without a plan for a successor for Xi Jinping before supporting Nikki Haley.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

LOL. I knew you'd show up.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Byron York asks: "If Mueller didn't charge Flynn and Manafort with collusion, then who was colluding?"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...anafort-with-collusion-then-who-was-colluding

" ..... all have faced charges and none of those charges, at least so far, has involved allegations that Flynn, Manafort, Gates, or Papadapoulos played a role in a scheme of collusion, or coordination, or conspiracy, or whatever it is called. And that could tell the public something about the state of the collusion allegation inside the Mueller investigation.

To put it briefly: What kind of collusion scheme between Russia and the Trump campaign could have existed without Michael Flynn being part of it? What kind of collusion scheme could have existed without Manafort? And Gates? And yet none of them -- nor Papadapoulos, either -- has been charged with taking part in a collusion scheme.

"I can't imagine that there would have been collusion or conspiracy with the Russians that Michael Flynn didn't know about," said Sol Wisenberg, a former prosecutor with the office of independent counsel Kenneth Starr. "If you're trying to make a collusion case and you are Mueller, you're trying to get someone to plead to the crime you're trying to prove."

Even Preet Bharara, the New York U.S. attorney fired by Trump and no fan of the president's, said last year, "When we had evidence against somebody and wanted them to flip, we made them plead guilty to every bad act that they had ever done, especially if we were later going to be alleging other people had engaged in that activity as well."

But in the Mueller investigation, it is precisely the people who would most be expected to be part of a collusion scheme who have not been charged with taking part in any such activity....."

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The House Judiciary/Oversight committee has issued a subpoena for documents related to FISA abuse, the Clinton investigation and the McCabe firing.

It's a bit of a mystery to me why Trump's own DOJ/FBI keep stonewalling these legitimate oversight requests. The matters at hand are of the upmost important for a functioning Republic. You could argue that this is a Constitutional crisis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As mentioned back in Feb, one of the persons coming into focus for misbehavior is John Brennan. He is now now under investigation for his selective leaks about Trump during the 2016 election. You may have noticed, Brennan's tweeting lately has become increasingly desperate.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nunes is back at it, along with Goodlatte and Gowdy
    They are demanding the Comey memos, which triggered the special counsel probe

In addition, it seems obvious on the surface that leaked his memos intentionally, knowing it was an illegal act. His intention also seems clear, to prompt a special prosecutor. He then doubled down using his memos again as the basis for his book. Not clear why DOJ has not come down on him for this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nunes has also alleged that the Obama State Department set up some sort of "backchannel" with one of our "Five Eyes" partners to share intel outside of normal procedures that led to the start of the Trump investigation. Probably the British.

If so, would this qualify as foreign interference with a US election?

30. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts