Release The Memo

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So the dude carries guns on him including an AR-15 and listens to Alex Jones (and takes him seriously enough to "self-investigate" his conspiracy theories), but he drives a Prius. Anybody else see the irony in this?

He's a gun nut, but he's worried about climate change. He might be the only person in the United States with that combination of beliefs and values.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Jay Leno: "The Prius has to look like that because we want everyone to notice when we are anonymously saving the planet."

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The Prius does pollute. It is the single greatest point source of smug.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I know it pollutes, but people think it doesn't. That's what's important.

5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Back when the thing first came out, there was a blue one I would see on RR620 here in Austin that had a license plate that said, "MYPART". I wish now I had gotten a pic of it. I guess "URWELCOM" was already taken.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

People are ignorant.

I was at SLC airport a few weeks ago. There is a Seattle's Best coffee shop right past security. We had an early afternoon report time. I wanted a cup of their very good dark roast. Turns out, they don't brew dark roast after 11 am because the general public thinks dark roast means more caffeine. So, what does the SB do? They go ahead and brew and sell the medium roast to unsuspecting people who are trying to avoid higher amounts of caffeine. Medium roast has more caffeine than dark roast. The medium roast is terrible.

Ignorant people, like those who drive a Prius thinking they don't pollute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I know there is more pollution in the manufacturing of a Prius but after that aren't they supposed to pollute less?

8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I don't know. I drive a big Expedition. I'm doing a favor to those who want us to not use fossil fuels. I am getting us to that point quicker.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

HiC
    LOL
    plus you are ensuring we, TEXAS, take over the #3 spot of oil and gas production in the world.:bow:

Texas alone is now #4.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently the intruder should have gone to SF instead of DC:

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts