Remaining Schedule

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dalhorn1, Oct 20, 2014.

1. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

How many wins do you think Texas can find on the rest of the schedule this season?

I'll be the pessimist and say 1, @ Tech.

4 wins will make for a LONG off-season. Longer than normal

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

3. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

I say 2.

Tech plus a wild card.

4. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

Maybe a wild card win to push to 2 wins.
    This can happen if stupid mistakes are limited in a game.

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

We go 3-2 and play in a minor bowl. The extra practice allowed for the Bowl game helps the young team. We win the Bowl game and wind up 7-6. How's that for prognostication?

KSU Loss

WVU Win

TCU Loss

TTU Win

OSU Win
    [​IMG]

6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

If we get to 6 wins, we likely play A&M in the Texas Bowl in Houston. I honestly have no idea how many games we will win or lose. We could go 5-0 or 0-5. We probably fall somewhere in-between.

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

When did my favorite board turn this negative? Isn't there any positive guys left out here. A board full of know-it-alls who can never expect anything going right. Yikes.

Yeah, 4 of the remaining teams are ranked ahead of us, but seeing that we have shown life (and some pretty good spunk at times too) on all facets of the game so far, even if we haven't put it all together at the same time, and clearly sensing that the team has bought into the coaching staff, I say that we will pull at least 1 road upset and 1 home upset, to go 3-2 at least. I am calling 4-1 from now on though.

7-5 and off to a bowl in the end.

8. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I predict UT becomes the team no one wants to play for the rest of the season.
    Nothing to gain by playing us. We are the perfect trap team with a bad record but dangerous.
    (The last couple of weeks the O put it together - huge strides from the beginning of the year). Special teams played much better this week. And then defense had an off week... I think they get their focus back after that.

I bet we win 3 more games. We beat Tech, and OSU. And we surprise one of WVU, TCU or KSU.

9. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

We will win out, blowing out Tech, OSU and TCU, scraping by KSU and WVU.

10. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

TCU is riding pretty high, and we owe them one. [​IMG]

11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Really, I mean really deflated by defense. Thought we would do much better than what I saw. I'll be much more over it by Sat morning around 10:45 but while I yelled my head off at the game defense truly scared the optimism out of me.

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

13. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I predict 3 wins because I'm hoping for 3. That 2 weeks of extra bowl practice will reap benefits next year. In descending order of likelihood for a win: Tech, Okie State, West Virginia, Kansas State, TCU. I think Tech is a likely win, TCU and K-State are likely losses and the other 2 are toss ups.

14. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

The D had an off game and should bounce back. I think we can win all of these games if all phases of the team show up.

15. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

We only will have one more loss so 7-5 and then we win our bowl game. Yes I am drinking the koolaid. Looks like SP and the OL is doing much better. [​IMG]

16. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

3. The offense has really come around and we know the defense can play much better than they did Saturday night.

17. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I'm hoping for 3 but counting on 1.

Realistically, I think we can play spoiler to either any of the "good" 4 remaining teams. It'll be similar to our upset of NU in 2010. It might be TCU on Turkey Day, or KSU this weekend, but I it'll be one of them. It would be hilarious if we went back to Stillwater and won on a disputed fumble call.

I think we beat Tech in Lubbock pretty soundly, similar to our 2012 victory there.

It would take some miracle-working to have a chance for 4 or 5. The defense was clearly exposed on Saturday, and while some see that as a cause for improvement, I think it's more indicative of what opponents will do to us throughout the rest of the season. That's how it worked last year. My biggest concerns are LB positioning and safety play. Swoopes would still need to be better than he was Saturday. You can't force stupid turnovers and expect to have a chance against any of the remaining foes.

18. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

at least 16 wins. why so negative?

19. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

I like Caryhorn's prediction. Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but by no means unrealistic. [​IMG]

20. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Horns have a real chance to win them all.

21. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

Anyone care to revise their outlook for the remaining 4 games?

I'll start- Tech will take us down, and we finish with 3 wins

22. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

I'm still firm with 4-8 this season (there are no miracles coming with this team). God, help us if we lose to Tech.

23. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

we will be lucky to win any of the remaining games on our schedule and any wins should be considered wild cards, I've never had my hopes up this season at all expected this one to be a throw away season especially with so many dsmissed.

24. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

I predict 0-4. Horns should start planning for next season. Still a STRONG supporter. [​IMG]

25. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I say one win and I think I'm being optimistic. Probably comes v tech.
    I don't like the thought of West Virginia next week.
    Hopefully I can let the kids watch as it might get "R" rated.

26. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Anyone care to update their predictions?

Before KSU I was thinking 6-6, Now I am thinking 5-7. This team is still taking baby steps back and forth when they need to be making strides forward. Feel a little better after yesterday, but we have still yet to finish a game against a good opponent, and took us way too long to put away miserable Tech.

4-8 is very possible. I would be uphauled but not shocked.

OSU is the only game we match up well in, but they always plays us very hard and it is at OSU.
    I still think we beat OSU.

Or will we build on the Tech win and finally take a couple of steps forward?
    I don't feel it from this team. Before the loss to KSU I did.

27. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

It's hard to see the progress due to the stumbles during and after the UCLA game... thru K-State.

I'll go out on a limb here.... after the hit by Diggs and the chance to loosen up and get the feel of flying this Longhorn Jet... I think the team turned the corner.

They first take a win from WVA at home. Then a road game over Ok-State. Then a Saturday off followed by Thanksgiving night game here with TCU. After that it's either 6-6 or 7-5.

I'll go 7-5 and a bowl win for 8-5 season and a sense of "we can do this," rolled over to NSD in February. The wheels are clicking, you'll see. [​IMG]

28. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I agree with Hu_Fan, but I am just a positive guy, normally [​IMG]

29. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I honestly don't see another win this season.

30. cnstoll58

cnstoll58 100+ Posts

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]