Remember the ones you love.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Pickle_Nuts, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

I’ve not posted on this board in years, and I mean years.

I lost the password to my old moniker and created a new account a few weeks ago.

I need the diversion of this site and UT Athletics more than ever.

My wife had a double mastectomy today at St. David’s here in Austin. I was lost today as my best friend was unconscious for hours during surgery and I was more alone than I have been in a long long time.

Just tell whoever is important to you tonight or whenever you see this you love them and how important they are to you.

our prognosis is great but it takes a jolt like this to drive home how important love and companionship is to all of us.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Beautiful reminder, thank you. Heartfelt best wishes to you and your wife, and I am happy to hear there is a positive outlook from here.

Welcome back to Hornfans, hope you stick around and have some fun with us idoits.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Prayers and blessings for both of you and your entire family.

Went through triple negative with my best friend; then two years later with my thirty something daughter.

Back around 96-97, a close friend of mine was going through this in The Texas Medical Center (not MD Anderson). After a checkup, she asked if we could stop in Methodist to visit Emory Bellard's wife, who was going through the same thing. The door was closed, and the lights were off. She was downstairs for a CT, but sitting in the corner of the room in the dark was Emory. Nothing I've ever seen captured "loneliness" like that scene.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Glad to hear that the outlook is positive - prayers for you and your family.

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Know that you and your wife are in my prayers ...