Rep. Steve Scalise Shot

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

A man opened fire at a Republican practice session for the Congressional Baseball Game this morning. He fired more than 50 shots with a rifle before he was reportedly killed by security people.

One report I read described him as a white male who wanted to target Republicans.

Scalise was shot in the hip and is expected to survive.

Seems the Left wing nuts really do want to kill people who don't agree with them.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A lot of people have this blood on their hands

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2 other Texas reps were also there - Mike Conaway & Kevin Brady
    This was a congressional softball practice for a game to raise money for charity for disadvantaged kids

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rand Paul with a brief eye-witness account --

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Longer, more detailed eyewitness account here

6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

There are conflicting reports about whether or not the gunman is dead. Some reports say that he survived and was taken to the hospital for treatment of gunshot wounds.

Reportedly asked; "are those Republicans or Democrats out there"?

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I'm not a conspiracy theory type by nature, although there's no denying some have been true over the years.

However, I'm noticing a very odd coincidence in this news cycle.

This week I saw multiple articles about Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe putting out feelers for a 2020 run and being a strong possibility as the successor to HRC and the next Dem frontrunner for Pres.

There were articles of him saying it's time to move on from HRC and 2016 and focus on the future. Many were praising him as the ideal candidate to oppose DT due to his business success and background.

Now this unique attack happens in Alexandria, VA (where he is Gov) the same week that is sure to draw immense media coverage due to its high profile political targets.

Who am I already seeing as a point person discussing this incident and railing on unacceptable gun violence shown by this attack and rattling off gun violence statistics in general? McAuliffe.

Not trying to make light of the human element here, just saying keep an eye out to see if this guy turns into the heavily featured face of authority on MSM concerning this attack.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Has some left wing nutjob been sounding like Ted Nugent?

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

An easy argument can be made that this shooting is a direct result of the normalization of political violence by leftist politicians/media/celebrities.

All the time now, we see and hear things like --
    -- Kathy Griffin's beheading pic,
    -- "Punch A Nazi" and other antifa violence,
    -- the NYT celebrated Julius Caesar/Trump play,
    -- CNN tried to make a folk hero of the thug who rushed Trump on stage,
    -- Even a former Attorney General of the United States - Loretta Lynch - publicly called for more 'marching, blood, death on streets'

Liberals, leftists, Democrats and progressives knew all of this was wrong at the time, but they did not speak out against it. When you acquiesce like this, you effectively normalize violence against conservatives/Republicans. When you do that, there are going to be real life consequences, like we've seen today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

IMG_5342.JPG

The ideological predecessors of the
    Bernie supporters.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Clinton bagman says we lose 93 million each day to guns
    Seems like we would be out of people pretty quick

edit -- CBS deleted that video of McAuliffe speaking
    here is screenshot
    [​IMG]

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The shooter was/is a Trump hater and was even a member of a Facebook group called, "Rachel Maddow for President 2020."
    On Twitter, he followed @maddow @robreiner @BruceBartlett and @joshharkinson
    Can we check the records to see if he was/is registered here?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Kinda like when Maxine Waters prodded a CA rally crowd the other day..."He's not my president, he's not your president...Resist! Don't think you don't have the power to do so, you do. Impeach 45. Stay woke".

And some wonder how this happened. Congressional Dems are still urging citizens to resist and take action themselves. Not instructing them to do it legally and peacefully, but just resist and urging they have the power to remove POTUS.

17. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Violence and advocation of violence in a society where we have so many other mechanisms to influence political events is horrific, stupid and incredibly counterproductive.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The shooter also made social media posts expressing his anger with Congressional Republicans, such as this one .....

[​IMG]

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This guy is a Professor at a school in DC

[​IMG]

20. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Every day, the media gets more hysterical about Trump and the GOP.
    I guess you didn't notice Kathy what's-her-name with Trump's severed head or the Trump assassination play in NYC. You lefties are quite violent when angered.

21. 4th_floor

• Like Like x 1
  22. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

All of the shooters are crazy people. It is a mental health problem and a keeping guns away from people with mental health problems problem. The shooters come from just about every background, race, political view, religion or creed. Nothing gets done because everyone just waits for a shooter connected to something they do not like (whether it is confederate statues, now the far left or many other things) to score political points. Using Dylan Roof as an excuse to remove confederate stuff solved nothing. Using this guy as an excuse to go after the left solves nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  23. 4th_floor

I disagree. Since the election, the left has been promoting resistance with an implied call to violence, or sometimes an openly expressed call to violence (Kathy Dumbass and the the Trump Assassination play). This insane rhetoric can push a nutjob like today's idiot into violent action. The left should immediately tone down it's rhetoric and let it be known that violence is not ok. Just because you are mad does not give you the right to kill.

24. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Elected officials inciting thousands and thousands of people to resist our president and take action (without parameters) is a very serious issue here.

If Antifa did it at rallies...just radical nutjobs with limited reach and lil credibility. If a KKK or BLM leader does it at rallies...same deal.

If high profile elected gov officials prod and urge to reject POTUS and call for taking action to resist and remove him...big difference.

Their audience is enormous compared to radical inciters. They're accepted by millions as legit authorities striving for good in mainstream, legal life against the most dangerous, evil, super villain in American history. The one they painted as Hitler reincarnated.

So when these types urge public resistance and taking action to reject the new gov, what are the odds their message will resonate and provide uniquely credible marching orders to said mentally ill folks you rightly connect to these acts?

There's a huge difference between radical incitement and elected official incitement.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Logic and reason will NOT be accepted here.

Good day, sir....I said GOOD DAY!

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some of the Facebook groups the shooter belonged to --

“The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans”

-- “Donald Trump is not my President”

-- “President Bernie Sanders”

-- “Illinois Berners United to Resist Trump”

-- “Boycott the Republican Party”

-- “Expose Republican Fraud”

-- “Terminate the Republican Party”

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You missed "Soonerfans.com

I imagine if you looked at the group that all of those right wing murderers were affiliated with you'd see some familiar groups. Doesn't mean crap.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You really know a guy's a psycho if he belongs to that. :p

• Like Like x 1