Rep. Steve Scalise Shot

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jun 14, 2017.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

'touche

2. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

It didn't take long for my liberal Face Book friends to make Scalise in to a monster.

So far, they have dug up reports that he 'bragged" about having an A+ rating by the NRA (so he deserved to be shot) he is a racist who may or may not have attended a white rally.

Here is a quote, fresh from this morning: " I see this coverage of this scumbag and I say to myself "this is the dude whom speaks at white supremacy gathering aka Klan Rallies.
    And whom said "I'm David Duke without the baggage"... so I say to those... Gun violence, what a shame. Where are their fathers?"

Whom said? Oh well, grammar isn't everyone's bag. The guy wasn't even in the ER when the bashing started. A hip injury doesn't seem like a big deal, until you start thinking about that caliber bullet tearing through a hip. His internal organs are most likely in bits and pieces. He will probably be using a colostomy bag the rest of his life, and will be lucky if he can walk. It's a sad day when not 12 hours can pass before people rip a man whose life has been changed forever.

• Like Like x 5
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You should block those fools. Even I don't have that kind of circle. The most ardent 2nd A supporter doesn't deserve that. Over 200 people were the victims of gun violence yesterday (statistically). 93 of them will die. They're mostly victims of our culture, including this guy.

I consider myself moderate on firearms. I grew up with a pistol in each end of the house and I knew where the shotgun was (dad was a defense attorney in a one stoplight town). I just want some sensible gun rules like the NRA of the 70's and 80's were OK with. It's not a big ask. I just don't get how we can take a thing like Newtown and not take a critical look at where we're headed. If 20+ kids getting gunned down in a school doesn't lead to changes, nothing will.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Every race has had people die from a police officer that didn't need to happen. But if you think for one minute that it will never happen again with a population of 324 million people interacting with estimated of 1 million law enforcement then you are not living in reality. There is no argument to be made that it's about race unless you want to talk about the % of criminals of each race. For example the FBI put of statistics in 2013 that showed 2% of the population committed 52% of the murders. Whos the 2%? Black Males ages 14 to 46. Or how about that same year that for every one black girl raped by a white man, 117 black males raped white women. I know I know I must be a racist for pulling these facts out. That's the typical libs next move anyway.

5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Actually, the murderers were a miniscule portion of that 2 percent. I know a lot of African American males 14-46 and the ones in my social circle are standup guys.

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Regardless of what Scalise has said or done in the past, he doesn't deserve to be in the situation he's in now. It's very poor form to even be talking about those things right now. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I think it would have been more expedient, and clearer, if he just said that 52% of murders in 2013 were perpetrated by black males aged 14-46.

• Like Like x 2
  8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Unnecessary deaths do happen, but the statistics indicate that police shoot at whites more often than blacks when being attacked and when not being attacked. Why make it a "black thing" as opposed to an "unnecessary violence thing"? I know the answer, but you don't because you're just parroting someone that has taken advantage of you being gullible. That doesn't surprise me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

The bullet entered his left hip and went directly across to his right hip! It fractured bones, destroyed blood vessels, damaged organs, and caused massive blood loss. He was in shock by the time he got to the hospital. He faces a very long recovery even in the most optimistic scenario.

10. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

You shouldn't be ambivalent about Michael Brown. BLM lied and their lies lead to violence. To me that is unacceptable.

We can agree that there are deaths that didn't need to happen on camera. But I can't think of any of the deaths that didn't involve resistance of some kind. When the cop's life is possibly on the line, mistakes will be made that will cost the life of the suspect. On video, I haven't seen any cop executions due to race.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

12 year old with a toy gun in a park. In Cleveland. He called said "I think it's a toy". Shot the kid 2 seconds after getting there.

13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Not true Bubba. The caller said it may be a fake, but that info was never relayed to the cops. When they arrived the kid reached for the gun in his belt line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It has been reported that a "hit list" of people James Hodgkinson wanted to kill was found on the body. That should help the part of the MSM that is still struggling to identify what his motives were.

15. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Also the gun had been altered to look real which, I guess, means the orange ring on the barrel was removed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4th_floor

Are you sure the cop who shot the kid knew it was a toy gun? He killed the kid because he was a racist? C'mon!

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I don't think racist has anything to do with it.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

On April 12, the New York Times reported that some GOPers practiced baseball at an Alexandria park.

On April 15, Hodgkinson took a bunch of pictures at the park.

Draw your own conclusions.

[​IMG]

19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Is someone saying that he was not targeting GOP congressmen? I thought that was crystal clear.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We are lucky to have the entire royal family of the non-sequiturs here
    The questions to be asked on this are ...
    -- How did the shooter learn where the Rs would be practicing softball?, and
    -- Where did he get the idea to surveil the field in the first place?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So, I grew up in eastern Oklahoma. Please educate me on what your point is with these two facts.

23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

You truly are from Oklahoma. :smokin:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is it possible that Bubba posts under more than one user names?

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Only one username. So, is there an implication that the news media is trying to make people aware of where the GOP Congressmen/women are practicing baseball/softball? Am I not picking up on some conspiracy? Do I need to re-tune my antennae?

26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

They are the questions to be asked for those searching for validation for the tinfoil hats they don.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Seems like the media would have wanted to cover the bi-partisan softball game that took place just a couple days after the shooting. But they ignored it, for the most part.
    Why?

• Like Like x 2
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I don't watch the news more than 5 minutes in the day. I saw it. I was trying to figure out why Pelosi was wearing that nasty LSU color mixture. It took me a minute.

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Watch the philando castille dash cam video and tell me there's not a problem with law enforcement.

30. 4th_floor

The dashcam video was shown in court and the jury acquited the officer.

I'm sure there are bad officers out there. But the actions of these officers do not necessarily equate to a problem with law enforcement.