Repair shops in Dallas

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Ankf00, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

My roommate drove my VW over a curb a week ago during the storms and damaged a fair bit of suspension...

Is anyone able to recommend any shops in town, any VW or foreign auto specific shops? I don't want to drive the car all the way to Houston to have my guy fix it up.

Thanks in advance.

2. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

You might check "D Magazine" on-line. They have that "best of" issue every year, and i bet there's a catagory for that.

3. Cancer Man

Cancer Man Guest

4. DalTexHornFan

DalTexHornFan 25+ Posts

I know of a garage that looks terribly shady, but the owner is the most honest car guy I know. He is also the cheapest in town: Lou's Automotive-- look up the phone# on whitepages.com. It is a tiny garage hidden behind a Gas Pipe on Wycliff. Call him and if he can't do it, he'll tell you. My family has taken cars there for years, and I won't take mine anyplace else.

5. Texas Law

Texas Law 25+ Posts

D magazine's best iof list is generally worthless. You get crap like Olive Garden as best Italian food, becasue it is all the unwashed masses know. Best auto shop would probably be whatever the largest chain auto repair shop is.

6. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

I'll call him up tomorrow, thanks [​IMG]