replacement coach speculation

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Apr 19, 2015.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Maybe they closed it so they can re-open it at a later time?

2. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

If they have closed the posting, then the job has likely been filled. But I wasn't aware the the posing had in fact been closed?

3. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

I believe so, just waiting to see whats going on

4. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

This has been the longest offseason -- in only two months of offseason. That has to mean the program is moving up, in the eyes of a fan base, right? Feed me (Texas WBB news), Seymour!

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

All I can think of is that the person hired has a current contract that maybe expire like 05/31/2015 or something? Perhaps a high school who has other (teaching) obligations that end at the conclusion of the school year?

That still wouldn't explain why it couldn't be announced effective in the future.

6. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Thought about that, but then it doesn't make sense with the "WNBA Great" tag line. Because I can't think of any truly great players that currently coach in HS.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Considering that website hasn't had a follow-up tweet on the subject, not sure how informed they might be about the hire and it being a WNBA great.

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't know utfan, this staff is pretty tight lipped on info. Right now, I can only shake my head and laugh. Really thought a new assistant would have been named some time ago, whether it was a big name from the WNBA or someone unknown to us. Sure as heck can't be the salary.

9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Tina Thompson it is! (Per twitter)
    :yippee::coolnana:

• Like Like x 1
  10. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Welcome to Texas, Tina!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Yay!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

That's a big deal! Welcome and #HookEm, Tina.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Exciting hire. She was definitely a player favorite of mine in the day. Hopefully, her knowledge of the game pays off in teaching our forwards, and her name recognition and past successes help in recruiting. Having connections in Los Angeles and Houston certainly can't hurt.

14. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I'm really excited about this hire. I wonder if Coach A "recruited" Tina for the position? Her tweet certainly made me think that was the case.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

now that was worth waiting for! :yippee:
    Welcome, Tina!

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Now that's nice to see! :hookem:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

FYI, the Longhorn Network will have Coach Aston and Coach Thompson (I like that) on at 10. :)

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Watched the LHN piece with Karen and Tin in studio. Tina confirmed that Coach A called her about the position; it wasn't Tina initiating the interest.

• Like Like x 1
  20. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I watched the LHN piece too. So glad Coach A thinks outside the box. Was Tina involved with a BB group in Houston? It sounds as if Coach A had been in contact with her over time to get Tina's perspective about players in the area. I'm just surprised no one else had approached her about a coaching job.

21. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Hope the LHN piece repeats. Any ideas about that, and what it was called in the guide?

22. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

It was a segment on Longhorn Extra. You can probably find it on LHN website or YouTube.

• Like Like x 1