Report: Hamilton and Thompson to declare for NBA

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by YearOfTheSteer, Apr 8, 2011.

1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

2. Longhorn01

Longhorn01 500+ Posts

3. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

I hate college basketball.

4. ChiroHorn

ChiroHorn 100+ Posts

Not unexpected. Good luck to them.

5. caesarscott

caesarscott 100+ Posts

RIck Barnes must be very excited since it's his goal to get players to the NBA

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

This is exactly why I don't follow college basketball much. It's a very distant third to football and baseball.

7. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

It's feast, or famine and it sure looks like mighty slim pickin's next season.

8. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

You don't get better the longer you stay in the Barnes system.

9. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Adios. As I posted earlier, give me Gary Johnson, Royal Ivy, Boddicker and Mouton for four years. I don't blame the kids, they have to go with the money. I blame our system.

Did you notice what Butler has done the last two years with these 4 year players. What's our record with all these future NBA stars.

You can have all these one and two year wonders

10. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

This just sucks.

11. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

I'll take the 3%.
    I think Thompson will be back to play with Myck.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

12. tamster

tamster 500+ Posts

13. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

14. austinravens

austinravens 25+ Posts

Neither did any of the Butler players the last 2 years. Each of the 4 Texas players you named got bigger, stronger, amd better basketball players under Barnes. They were not players that made you adjust to them because frankly they were not that good. Even though I would disagree with that on Mouton. He had his time where defenses game planned for him. Barnes just sux at offensive game planning, plain and simple. Just horrible. I hope his new hire is and offensive guru. Where is the Bryan Harsin of basketball for Barne

15. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

16. Joe2005

Joe2005 500+ Posts

17. WilburWildCat

WilburWildCat 25+ Posts

If so, then good luck! Enjoyed watching them in burnt orange and white. Hamilton is simply not ready in my opinion. But money talks and dumbass walks. I hope Thompson makes the cut and lasts at least 5 years or better. Hook'em! [​IMG]

18. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

I'd like to see both of them stay. I don't think Thompson is ready because at his size he won't be under the basket in the NBA like he is at UT. He needs to develop a shot outside the lane.

19. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Yeah, I remember another player from Texas that I thought made a very poor decision by leaving early.....Aldridge I think was his name, LaMarcus, yes that kid. Seems he knew better than I. Thompson and Hamilton probably do too. Loved seeing them play for Texas. I hope they kick *** in the NBA.

20. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

21. Joe2005

Joe2005 500+ Posts

22. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

Good luck to both, it was nice having them here for that short time.

I dont think another year in Barnes system was going to help theier stock much and probably made the right decision.

Hamilton willl struggle to find a place, although he will be drafted early. He is a scorer without great ball handling, great athleticism or explosive jumping ability and can be flakey and very inconsistant.

At 6'8" TT is sort of a tweener but can block shots, a good athlete for the position, and works hard. If guys like Dajuan Blair and Paul Millsap can be successful i think TT could be a good NBAer, given the right system.

23. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Read two different draft sites, including the official NBA site and neither of them have yet to declare. The posted source that everyone is going crazy over was published a week or two ago so surely the league would know by now if it was in fact official. Not saying it isn't true but if it was local media and espn would be all over it......

24. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

It seems that they would have denied it by now, if it wasn't true.

25. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. There would be denials coming from the kids if this weren't true, right? I think its a done deal. Gone.

26. cbs

cbs 500+ Posts

27. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

Well said, cbs.

28. TXThorn

TXThorn Guest

Well whatever the problem is, it's a problem. We pay our coach 2 mil/year and have made it to the Sweet 16 or greater 5 out of 14 seasons. To me, finishing out of the Top16 in 9 out of 14 seasons is underperforming for the cost. The final poll rankings are unimportant, the goal is to at least finish in the final 16 teams playing. 9 out of 14 years that didn't happen. As of 2010, Barnes is listed as the 8th highest paid college basketball coach in the country. The rest is obvious.

29. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

30. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts