Report site issues/questions here

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MudHorn, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

@Dionysus - OB just upgraded their forums. Guess what they're using...

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

XenForo is really good. It was started by a couple of guys who worked on vBulletin which is one of the most popular forum platforms in use today. I'm glad to see them succeeding with it.

3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

OB has to keep up with the Jones's:smokin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I can't get the scroll to work on the "on the field" "recruiting" or "men's basketball" forums. Any ideas?

Five minutes after posting the above, its now working fine!! No idea what happened.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  5. snek

snek 500+ Posts

ou was still sucking, that's what happened, Cary.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

don't know if it can be done but I have seen it on other websites. can we put a tab or button on the threads that allows one to click and go immediately back to the top of the same thread?

there are times it would be handy.

7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

There is a "Top" link at the bottom right corner of each page. This takes you to the top of the current page.

top.png

Clicking "1" at the bottom left of the page takes you to the first post of the thread.

page1.png

8. WorsterMan

Thanks - I knew that. On Horn Sports for example at the bottom of each post, there is a tab that say: Back to Top. So one could quickly go back to the top anywhere on the thread without having to scroll up or down to it.

Not a big deal - just kind of a nice feature.

9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Any reason I keep getting a "Server Error" when trying to post to a thread? I'm able to edit a post, but not make a new one in the ON THE FIELD forum.

EDIT - and I just made this post successfully. :)

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Not sure but let me know if it continues.

11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Just tried for the 4th time and get the same message. It also says to "try again later."

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I just tried on a couple different threads and didn't get an error.

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser? Which browser are you using? This hasn't been reported by anyone else so I'm thinking it may be something related to that.

13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Got it.

The article I quoted used a couple of lowercase schwas (upside down "e"). This server is a bigot. ;)

14. HornByBirth

HornByBirth < 25 Posts

I keep getting a popup asking me to disable ad blockers. I close the popup and try to navigate the forums and it continues to pop up on every page.

This makes this site difficult to use and I find myself just leaving Hornfans in frustration.

I am not disabling ad blockers for this site when none of the other 100s of websites I visit do not ask me to disable ad blocker.

Thanks for your attention to this issue.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Do you sponsor HF? I think one of the benefits of sponsoring is no ads.

16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

This means that there is some kind of ad blocking in your browser that is still activated. You may need to dig a little further into your settings to find it. Or try with a different browser.

I may be able to help diagnose the issue and get it fixed for you. I'm happy to try.

What browser are you using now? Mac or PC?