Reside here for the zombie invasion

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by LAktownhorn, Sep 30, 2009.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

2. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

mmm, that whole place is windows. seems like eventually a zombie will stroll by and wander up the gradual incline the road offers and break in. not much of a crop growing place either, as they describe it, "almost lunar"

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

It reminds me of where Luke Skywalker lived in the first Star Wars movie.

4. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Several problems:

Water: If it's halfway between LA and Vegas, it's in a drought ridden area. You're going to spend all your spare time hauling water from your "lake".

Visibility: Sure, you've got it. And so does everyone else. That place sticks out like a sore thumb. And once the infected find their way to you, are you going to bail out down the hill? To where?

Food: What are you going to eat when the pork and beans run out? Foraging from there will be problematic.

Distance: Being in the middle of nowhere can be an advantage and liability. Being in the middle of the desert is rarely advantageous.

No, I'll skip it. Give me a cabin up on Mt. Rainier. There's plenty of easily obtained water and abundant wild game. Defensible and with multiple escape routes that aren't easily found by someone who doesn't know about them.

5. longtex

longtex Guest

6. longtex

longtex Guest