Rice game Friday?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Denmark, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

I'll be in town for the game Friday, and want tickets. Will that be a problem trying to get tickets that evening. I haven't been to Rice since ´90 I believe. [​IMG]

2. Orangeblood

Orangeblood 1,000+ Posts

At the moment, I can't make it next weekend. However, tix should be pretty easy to get.

You could go online to the Rice ticket office now and have them at will-call or probably walk up and get some on Friday.

3. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Only season tickets for Owl games available currently.

4. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Ticketmaster sells them. $ 20.50 per game.

$13 for every other game.

Ruck'em.

5. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

The games against Rice don't appear to be televised.

The Gingerman is near and gets interesting Friday afternoons anyway.

We'll probably face Blake Fox again Friday night. One of three finalists for the National Pitcher of the Year and Dick Howser Player of the Year Award semifinalist.

18-0 at Rice.

He thought he had us until we railed in the 8th at the Regional before we won it in 11.

Looks like it will be a rematch with Parker French starting for UT.

What a way to start the 2015 Texas Longhorn Baseball season!

6. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] what comes out of a China man's arse!!

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Lead based products?

8. Bevo1970

Bevo1970 100+ Posts

This post was made just before going to the new 2015 platform. Post as normal after it if you wish.

petscii
    (500+ posts)
    02/10/15 12:05 PM
    Re: Rice game Friday?

If you ordered your tickets from the Rice box office via ticketmaster. Your tickets may be wrong. I received 3 pairs of Saturday tickets instead of a Sunday. If you call them they will fix it. There is a thread over at shaggy about this and it happened to multiple people over there.

Wishbonemac
    (250+ posts)
    02/10/15 09:31 PM

Jon Duplantier, a sophomore pitcher for the Owls is rated higher than Fox.

Didn't Rice have a string of Fox(e)'s years ago?

One of my first games at Gus Field was Alan Ramirez's 14-inning performance that ended our 34 game winning streak in '78, and the grudging applause we gave him after the game.

Payback time.

Wishbonemac
    (250+ posts)
    02/11/15 10:00 PM

We should go to Omaha, my friend Bryan says

Orangeblood[​IMG]
    (10,000+ posts)
    02/12/15 09:35 AM

He just repeats what Love tells him.

NBHorn7
    (2500+ posts)
    02/12/15 12:53 PM

Duplantier has an injured shoulder and is not supposed to pitch in the series. Pettitte ( Yes, Andy's son) and Stephens are the two other pitchers hurt and not expected to play in the series.

Kevin McCanna is slated now for the Friday start against French according to the Rice board. Fox is slated to pitch against Sawyer on Saturday they say.

Yes, it was a running Wild Bunch joke in the 80's about the many variation of Fox names the Owl players had then.

Wishbonemac
    (250+ posts)
    02/12/15 07:34 PM

It's, by far, the #1 series in the Nation this weekend.

I know of way too many UT fans not going to Houston this weekend because it's _Valentine's_ Day or Mardi Gras.

Shame.

ESPN says:

Sunday's finale should be the most interesting with the back-stories for both projected starters.

UT's No. 4 starter is Kacy Clemens who played third base last season [Har!]l but has been groomed to be the Burnt Orange's mid-week starter on the hill. Opposing him will be Rice righty Jordan Stephens (2-0, 2.57) who was All-CUSA in 2013 but sat most of last season because of injury.

NBHorn7
    (2500+ posts)
    02/12/15 09:09 PM

As I said above Pettitte and Stephens are both injured. They are recovering from the ever popular Tommy John surgery.

Pettitte will not pitch at all in the series. Stephens was not expected to either, but after pitching in a practice game last week, he could pitch an inning or two in relief according to Wayne Graham.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015