Ricky's one regret...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by orngblud, Mar 9, 2021.

1. orngblud

orngblud 1,000+ Posts

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Good article.

3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I have so many mixed feelings about Ricky.
    The younger, less mature and wise me relates......The man I am now not as much.
    I'm always suspicious of people who say, "I have no regrets " or anything along those lines.
    I get Ricky's free spirit, and can empathize with some of the things he struggled with, but dude could have and should have been NFLs all time leading rusher with ease and by a country mile..... whatever that's worth.
    You can do whatever you want I suppose with your time and talents.....but as someone who struggles sometimes to feel like I'm "getting my best out" its hard for me to see someone casually treat the opportunity they have. Having said this, I lean on the side of understanding and, again, empathize. There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip....some slips come from without...and some from within. I'm pretty sure I'd feel differently than he about my "slips" if I were in Ricky's shoes.
    Sometimes really "smart" people end up "living under bridges", or literally under bridges even. I'm glad Ricky isn't...and I'm glad I'm not.
    On a side note I love and appreciate his depth, insight, and commentary. He stands above those he shares a broadcasting platform with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021