Riots in Dallas surburbs??

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Jun 1, 2020.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

There have been literally thousands of arrests. Hundreds per day. Most have been without incident. That does not excuse the ones that have been with incident, but those are a distinct minority.

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I live in a suburb 35 miles North of Dallas - McKinney- county seat of Collin County. Anyway there was some kind of organized protest planned for this eve - Fri. on the square in quaint downtown McKinney. Dont know if it was faith based and community organized, BLM or something else.

My wife works locally and saw many dressed in black assembling early at Ron Poe Stadium about 5 pm before the march to downtown later. We have not heard if the protest was "peaceful" or not.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, but was the point of these protests? I haven’t heard anyone in power declare that the police officers weren’t culpable in Floyd’s death. Instead of opening dialogue regarding uneven treatment by the police, it turned out to be an opening for looting and rioting. When people want to tear things down and want to fix things by working outside the system, then you lost me and most of America. What if BLM worked with their media allies and held a multi-media program on whatever they wanted to discuss? They would have had a much larger audience than they could ever imagine. What if they shopped at minority owned businesses? Practically anything would have been better than what transpired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I could use those same words to describe black men arrested by white cops, but here we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The point of is to try to keep blacks voters in the Democratic column and boost turnout for Biden.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1