Riots in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, May 27, 2020.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

What should he have done? Praised those trying to get Americans killed?
    strange definition of racism

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It's grasping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I wasn't criticizing Key but pointing out that there is an attack on the slaves in the anthem. It was in their best interest to see the slavocracy overthrown and they followed up on it. And the white patriots did not appreciate it. Is that so hard to follow?

The slaves were not happy campers and ran away or assisted the Brits when they could, just as they assisted the Union soldiers fifty years later. Key attacked them in the lyrics for doing so.

4. horninchicago

It's hard to follow that, if the 3rd verse makes veiled references to the Maryland blacks and vilifies them that the whole song and, therefore, Key, would be deemed as racist. It's stupid.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We need to "open a dialogue"

• poop poop x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We need to "have a conversation"

• poop poop x 1
  7. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I like the song and love to sing it and did not intend to insult it or Key but he was a creature of his time and was irate with slaves assisting the Brits. Some SJW decide to topple a statue; I don't like toppling any of them but that is me. But if you are obsessed with wiping out all vestiges of slavery or anti black tendencies then Key is a target of sorts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. horninchicago

Okay, I understand. That makes sense.

9. horninchicago

In the subway video, as I asked in another thread, I wonder what this was being filmed to begin with. Staged and planned? Where are the "men" to step in and beat the compound hell out of that POS? Same with the second brass knuckle video.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20 arrests

• Hot Hot x 1
  11. horninchicago

Wow, 20 arrests and still out doing this kind of crap. Yep, racial injustice for sure. Texas players should watch this crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Knuckle guy got 9 years in prison apparently

13. horninchicago

Good.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Meanwhile, 100 people were shot in Chicago over this past weekend
    BLM had no comment

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Since slavery was still legal in England not sure what the slaves thought they were doing to help themselves in 1812

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

There was slavery and there was slavery. Would you like to pick cotton in Maryland or Virginia or be some foppish Limey's manservant? I suspect the beatings weren't as harsh in Britain.

Slavery made sucking noises under any circumstances but getting sold down the river to Mississippi was not as likely over there

Lots of good books on slavery. Roll Jordan Roll is the best. On Texas there is An Empire For Slavery, which is also superb. It all depended on who owned you and what line of work he was in. Houston and Travis were both very benign but others less so

17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I refuse to believe that everybody was kung fu fighting

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

This guy will eventually be shot by police after fighting with them, running and taking their weapons. Then he will be an angel and a martyr.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. horninchicago

Probably already a hero to many for what he did to the women who dared to be white on that subway platform.

Why can't I be in those places when that crap happens....

• Hot Hot x 1
  20. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I would be okay with altering that third verse to something a little different. Let's face it, Keys wrote it as a poem not a song or an Anthem so us altering it should be well within our rights as a nation. I would not want us to get rid of it, but altering the words on a verse seldom sang is not a huge deal to me.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

According to wiki what Hui is claiming is one interpretation. It is not obvious.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Check out the BLM sign near the church. At this point I say BLM is complicit is this activity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

All vestiges of slavery.....

So pretty much everything in this country. Gee great. No. No I dont support this. View history through the lens of the present is one of the most dangerous and destructive forces in todays world.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Idiots in DC are trying to create their own CHOP. Fortunately, it looks like the police have stopped it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

These guys are *******. They don't do it when some big white dude is around. They wait until it's only women and dudes with man-buns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

St. John’s church vandalized again. The same church where priests objected to Trump clearing out protesters and complained he did a publicity stunt by holding a bible.

Okay, what now? Does the church want it taken over for the black house? Appeasement will not work with these vile terrorists. If the government won’t stop it, soon the free people will.

29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Never feel sorry for the cannibal that is eaten by other cannibals. The President saved their butts and they pissed on him, so they can save their own butts now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Will we care if they tear or vandalize statues or paintings of Christ?

• poop poop x 1