Riots in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, May 27, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I hope Wood has some defamation lawsuits against the use of the words white supremist and white nationalist

3. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I am sure everyone on here would be shocked to learn that the TN Democratic Party ousted Deberry because of centric/right leaning positions. He is running for his own seat for reelection as an independent. Dear God- what has happened to my party. This is the exactly the kind of stance and belief we need on both sides of the aisle.

Ousted by Democrats, anti-abortion preacher runs as independent in Tennessee | The Christian Chronicle

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I'm speechless........I can't find the word for the level of ignorance in the English language. If it was MY store. The shutters would be up TODAY.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

If I owned a business in Minneapolis, I'd seriously think hard about relocating - out of Minnesota.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

FIFY.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I know these lawyers will benefit from the publicity they will receive. But good for them getting facts out on this.
    It is amazing the similarities this case has with the Sandman case. The DMC is trying to paint this white teen a racist too.

11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Well, that does paint a different picture of what we were told at first. If he gets a trial from the good people of Kenosha, he’ll have a chance.

12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Well Kenosha certainly isn't Chicago so he has a chance. Although that would mean another round of riots.

I could live with manslaughter though since he put himself in a bad situation even being there with a gun.

13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I sincerely believe Black Lives Matter as a concept. For too long we have cared deeply when people who look like us and come from neighborhoods like ours get killed and less when people more geographically and socially distant get killed.

But if Black Lives Matter, then lets really work to curb crazy-risky behavior like physically attacking police officer or reaching for a knife when multiple officers are attempting to detain you. Also, no matter your race, attacking people armed with a rapid fire semi-auto rifle with skateboards and thrown objects should be reserved for times when you are fighting for basic human rights against an oppressive government and there's little to risk because living where basic freedoms are denied is not much preferable to death.

If there are riots 30 miles away, don't give your 17 year old a ride to the site, arm them with a rifle and expect him to hold back a mob. There is a reason that this kind of work is left to adults. If people trained and equipped to police won't risk their lives and freedom for this... maybe follow their example. Property can be replaced... probably cheaper than mounting a criminal defense and paying for a few funerals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. HornHuskerDad

Crockett, I don't agree with you often, but this time I do. We should all believe that "black lives matter." So do all lives. All people deserve to be treated with basic dignity and respect. Now - when you capitalize that quoted statement so it becomes "Black Lives Matter," it refers to an organization which has opted to engage in violence, attacks, and destruction of property - and that approach does not deserve respect.
    No doubt there are changes that are needed. If individual cops go rogue, let the justice system take care of that. If there are reforms needed to the criminal justice system, let's make them (as President Trump has started). But for cryin' out loud, let's put a lid on all this insane violence in the name of "peaceful protest" and get on with some meaningful exchanges.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At least 14 people shot, 4 dead so far this weekend in Chicago. and counting

Why do NBA players always ignore these lives?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is the author of the book defending looting - Vicky Osterweil.

downloadfile.jpg

I get the sense that "she" looks more like us below the waist than like most people named Vicky.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

It seems from a very quick search that you are correct.

The opening to the review from one site was hilarious though...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

22. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

From now on, I want you all to call me Vicky.....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  23. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I just realized that our reality today was a Monty Python skit ~ 40 years ago. God help us.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Now that, is a great skit!

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Couldn't they just punch a punching bag, blow up some fireworks outside city limits, break some boards like in karate, or throw a bunch of empty beer bottles against a brick wall to get this "imaginative sense of freedom and pleasure" they allegedly get from rioting (trashing and burning stuff down)...? Same basic "pleasure"/release without harming other people or destroying their property.

26. HornHuskerDad

Maybe that's because the area is "unsafe" and "troublesome."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. horninchicago

Wait. Did you mean to put this in the Jokes For Yer Big Brain thread?

Groan.

Ha, just kidding, man. Totally agree with you.

28. horninchicago

Is the Trump supporting Patriot's death by gunshot being reported on and is the media and left freaking out over it s much as the 17 year old kid in Kenosha? Will there be outrage if the shooter drove from another state to come protest and be violent? For that matter, since the left and media and even some conservatives who have fallen for it seem to think the fact that the 17 year old was from IL makes him the worst criminal in history, aren't the majority out of state rioters now being vilified?

Shirley they are.

29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Dion - Despite this posters often insightful and truthful posts, his ability to logically educate us and he is a sponsor, he should receive a 1 day ban for posting that picture. I demand reparations!

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. horninchicago

At least he didn't start a thread about the worst college football helmets lol.

• Funny Funny x 3