Riots in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, May 27, 2020.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The people say that a quick verdict is bad for the cop. We'll see.

2. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

And Dr Fowler stated that Chauvin wasn't blocking the arteries that provide oxygen to the brain.

I think they will convict however. Too much pressure. But there will be an appeal and a good chance of overturning the conviction at that point. This trial never should have happened in Minneapolis.

3. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I don't know if this came out in the trial but was there a determination of how much pressure he was applying with his knee on his neck is everyone assuming that Chauvin was putting a lot of pressure on his neck.
    I think he is not guilty because of the extenuating circumstances and that he was following protocols. Floyd had had covid previously-reduced breathing ability that's huge in my opinion, he had two drugs in his system, he was resisting arrest. (Personally I believe that they should have brought in a wagon so that he wouldn't feel as claustrophobic, but that's hindsight). And Chauvin was heavily distracted by the people shouting at him.
    These are plenty of reasons for not guilty or at least hung jury.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I gave up on that kind of prediction. I've heard lawyers say that a quick verdict is bad for the side so has the burden of proof.

In my experience, there wasn't much predictability. One of my biggest verdicts was handed down in less than an hour. I had another one that took 2 full days, and I lost. That one baffled me. What the hell were they talking about for two friggin days to answer only one question with a one word answer?

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Jury came back fast, think that is a sign the jury came to an agreement quickly and I suspect it will be guilty, murder - second degree - strictly my guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Guilty on all

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

At least the city won't burn - for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

And that's that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I expect celebration rioting.

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They are close to Canada. That's what happens when they win a Stanley Cup in that region...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 2003TexasGrad

Was burning down cities for months worth it in the end? I'm not convinced of murder in the case but I'm just disgusted that more and more people are resorting to mob violence and threats to burn cities down if they don't get what they want. I can't help but believe this verdict was influenced by that.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

"Everyone go home. No free **** tonight."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

I would love to see the reaction of the cons in prison when this prick shows up.

FRESH FISH
    FRESH FISH
    FRESH FISH

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. WorsterMan

Really? That's all you got.

WTF is wrong with you!?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

There will still be rioting

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I don't understand the verdict. It sounded to me as though there was a "reasonable doubt." Now I'm left with two observations:
    (1) The Social Justice Warriors are jubilant - they will view this as an indictment of all police.
    (2) Why would any reasonable person want to be a police officer? Besides putting their lives on the line, not knowing when a simple traffic stop might result in gunfire -now they have to face the potential for second-guessing every action they take, potentially resulting in prison time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Exactly what I've been saying. Just who is going to want to be a cop in this world we live in today but the bottom of the barrel? Lawlessness is right around the corner.

To believe intent is absurd. It wasn't about facts, it was all appeasing certain groups. We'll see what happens on appeal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Awful verdict but predictable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think there was reasonable doubt on causation, so I would have voted to acquit. However, a reasonable jury could see it differently on the manslaughter charges. To find third degree murder seems crazy. Lots of reasonable doubt there.

Yep. They wanted this cop's head, and they got it.

We're starting to set the precedent that it's ok to disobey lawful orders and ok to resist arrest. Officers can't do their jobs under those conditions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Pelosi just thanked Floyd for giving his life for justice
    What a clueless stupid witch :brickwall:

• WTF? WTF? x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  21. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I was visiting with a federal client of mine in the last hour and he said there were cheers throughout the facility when the verdict was announced. Crooks hate cops.

As for his safety, he will be protected by the guards at the prison.

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

huis?
    Like Epstein was protected?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Never says anything worthwhile.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The fact that he was complaining that he couldn't breathe even before the altercation and that one of the witnesses said they had a very difficult time waking him up in the car should have gotten Chauvin acquitted. Both are signs of an opioid overdose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. 2003TexasGrad

Newsom must not be aware twice as many white people are killed by police as black people. It turns out looking like you won't save you, Gavin...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This was a victory for all the good cops out there.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. WorsterMan

All the haters on MSNBC and CNN are predictably not satisfied that justice was served. Never enough...

Of course, ex-BARTENDER AOC, post sentence, she had well thought out and intelligent comments. Not.

She is such an ignorant, biased and opportunist little *****.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

No knee on the neck there.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I guess on Bizarro world it is.