Riots in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, May 27, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You mean the reparations festival?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

"reparations festival"
    Apt Name:coolnana:

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

YOU WIN THE THREAD!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I remember a long time ago the Bastrop County Sheriff's office took Henry Lucas to Sonic. He was in town to confess the mysterious and long unsolved Whatley murders.

5. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

It is a fairly common thing for police to give offenders food or drink in order to establish a connection with them.
    Some of the worst of the worst, such as serial killers, are given food, cigarettes, or non-alcoholic beverage of their choice to obtain information or a confession.
    I can't believe people have freaked out over police giving Dylan Roof a hamburger so many years ago.
    It had nothing to do with him being white.

Israel Keyes, one of the most devious serial killers ever, in my opinion, had his favorite candy bar and a cigar waiting for him every time the police interviewed him. They were desperate to uncover information, and the tactic worked to some degree.
    Then, Keyes killed himself while in prison.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm sure it has happened just like I'm sure some cops have gotten blown by people (presumably mostly chicks) trying to get out of tickets or arrests. But is it the norm or even close to the norm when we're talking about how white people are treated by the police? I don't think it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Excess smoking and sugar is a bad combination.
    Some salesmen look for weaknesses to exploit, the same as international double ought spies.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You know how it is. All cops are racists because of the supposed racist actions of a few. But, to liberals, not all Muslims are Islamic extremist terrorists.

They aren't, but of course, the double standard is there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Hot Hot x 2
  11. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

12. horninchicago

This is why no one takes you seriously.

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So NOW you ARE a fan of extrajudicial punishments. Great, glad we got you to confirm your double standards.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. horninchicago

He/she/it also revels in the fact that an unarmed woman climbing through a window was shot and killed on January 6.

15. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

Damn straight. Stupid white trash ***** thought the officers were going to let her do whatever she wanted to because she was a girl.

Like I said, I'm all for equal opportunity shootings.

If she was black you'd be reveling with me.

16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm certainly not for shooting anyone just because they're climbing through a window and posing no real threat even if they're a black gay transvestite liberal. This isn't China and all have their constitutional rights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You are truly sick.

I don't recall ANYONE on these boards 'reveling' in any of the fatalities which have occurred at the hands of law enforcement or even any other entity for that matter.

And to pre-empt...no, pointing out that people could have conducted themselves differently is NOT even remotely close to reveling in a death. Those of us with common sense STILL realize the trauma that does upon the psyche of the person who pulled a trigger or otherwise was on scene for the incident.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. horninchicago

Allow me to repeat myself: You need help.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Most internet trolls are a lot nicer in person. We'd have a boom in the counseling industry if people were as unhinged as they might appear online. Serve on a few juries and I'll bet you'd be pleasantly surprised by the average Joe's wisdom, fairness and judgement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. horninchicago

Most of us show some sort of civility and reason, like you and Bubba. That guy, not so much.

21. AustinHorn24

AustinHorn24 250+ Posts

Constitutional rights is a good word. Do you know how many times the term "constitutional rights" in this 98 page thread was used in regards to the constitutional rights of George Floyd?

ZERO.

You guys are telling on yourselves.

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Don't you have a courthouse to burn down or something?

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

@mb227 Do you think this is real (read thread)?

24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Yes and no. There was some money to be had in the early days, but some of it came from paying line staff sub-optimal wages and foregoing a lot of the basic security training. This leads to lawsuits when things go sideways (or worse).

Now, it is too much like trying to time the market. There is some limited upside if you can stomach the graft that would be required.

What is NOT an accurate statement is the claims by libtiles that the State has to convict people to make systems profitable. TDCJ has seen their population drop for a couple of reasons, to include the shutdown last year for several months to new admissions to mitigate 'rona risks. Some facilities were taken off-line because there has been a serious staffing shortage for several years now. There are actually parts of the State where new security staff can get a bonus of several thousand dollars by being hired and remaining for a defined period of time. Some of the facilities taken offline are ones built within the past 30 years that the State is still paying for. Others were the older facilities that became the subject of lawsuits because convicted felons want air conditioning (should have, oh I don't know...maybe not committed a crime and not gone to prison then).

The twitter thread reads more like a hotel ballroom real estate flipping seminar...in essence a ponzi scheme where the one at the top makes money and some might tread water and even show a minimal profit. Most will lose their asses and see their assets bought up by the major players.

It is fine and dandy to talk about government contracts, but we all saw War Dogs and the resulting fallout from bids going to low-bidder regardless of qualifications. Outside of a new player being credentialed as having run a large prison operation, I would not envision them being chosen for a contract just because you throw up some tin barns that have running water. Remember...the State of Texas got the N-Group facilities for literal dimes on the dollar all those years ago precisely because running prisons is not as easy as it looks. We called those facilities 'tin barn construction' until we got them cheap and could use them as transfer facilities...

• Like Like x 1
  25. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

HinC: that white trash whose death you revel in served for some years in the country’s military. What branch did you serve in?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  26. horninchicago

You must have misunderstood. I did not revel in it. I said someone else reveled in it.

27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Anyone breaking into my house will get shot first and then I'll ask questions later.

28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You don’t have a Constitutional right to disobey lawful police orders, or to not die from arteriosclerosis while high on fetanyl. The penalty for breaking into the Capitol is up to six months in prison and a $5,000 fine.

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG] Is this
    "antifa" SJW AustinHorn?

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts