RIP Bob Welch - Fleetwood Mac

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by lostman, Jun 7, 2012.

1. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

2. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

he was a socal guy in a band full of brits.

I heard today that his dad was a hollywood guy, and was responsible for all of those Bob Hope "Paleface" movies.

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

What a sad thing. I hope he's at peace and without pain now.

I hated Fleetwood Mac with the same passion I reserve for bands like The Eagles and Led Zepplin. But Welch was a real talent.

4. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Dang. Your hate should be directed more towards Kansas and Styx.

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Don't hate. Dislike it ok, but hate leaves a self inflicted scar. Just some friendly advice.

In regards to Welch, he never really got the credit (or blame depending on one's perspective) he deserved for the Fleetwood
    Mac transition from a blues rock oriented band to the pop super group they became after his departure.

His being left out of the band's induction into the R&R HoF was a mistake. There was some real acrimony between him and the other members - particularly Mick Fleetwood - and that led to a lawsuit in the 90's. Can't recall how that turned out. I believe he did remain close friends with Nicks and Buckingham though.

6. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

7. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

8. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Texanne:

Try to locate pre-Welch Fleetwood Mac music. It is blues rock, comparable to John Mayall

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

RIP Bob Welch [​IMG]

"Hypnotized" is my all time favorite FM song... I think Welch wrote it. I never get tired of the song and it reminds me of the good ol' days in college...

[​IMG]