RIP Sean Connery

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Joe Fan, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Best bond in my opinion RIP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

think I'll have a Martini in his honor..........shaken not stirred! RIP in Mr. Bond!

• Like Like x 3
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Great idea LaHorn, I’ll join you.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

What can one say about the late Sean Connery? He was the absolute movie star male icon. Elegant but fierce. Cultured but street. A womanizer but a gentleman. Worldly but English in every way. He was truly what every man wanted to be in the persona of James Bond. In total command of himself and every situation. Cool. Able to adapt to any situation because he was prepared in every way. Able to reject temptation but also indulge in it for his own pleasure. And yet we saw the vulnerability that was the irony of all his female conquests; he had been hurt by love and walked away from it. He also did not want to expose a woman to the threat of being used as way to get at him. His weakness for women was his greatest strength; he lusted after them but was able to walk away because of his duty for Queen and country. But what a lonely existence. And what a fearful existence; unable to trust anyone, yet he protected himself so naturally that you would never think he gave it a second thought. It was the life he lived. A spy. Beyond the mundane. In the knowing of evil and good. And he was good though his moral failings were substantial. In the end, his Machiavellian sense of means to an end taught us that evil is to be given no quarter. And the Deguello always sounded in the wonderful soundtrack that accompanied his entrance into the room; no quarter for a beautiful woman and no quarter for a Dr. No. For he was Bond. James Bond. And Sean Connery was that man for all of us.

The presence of Sean Connery in the guise of James Bond made us all feel sophisticated and worldly. I am saddened that this man and era has passed.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  8. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

John Huston wanted to cast Redford and Newman in The Man Who Would Be King. Newman told him to get Caine and Connery and that casting yielded a masterpiece.
    Some think him the best Bond but I think of him as the best Darby O’Gill

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What time does Sean Connery arrive at Wimbledon?

Tennish

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Always enjoyed his movies, truly a great actor! RIP

• Like Like x 1
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Watching Goldfinger as I text this message.

Sean one of my all time favs.. scene now in Goldfinger is assasin chasing him in the Alps in a white 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible.

RIP .

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Of course later in the barn SC convinces Miss Galore to see things his way! :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020