Robbie Rhodes - Part 2

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Texdoc, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Coaches have contacted RR this past week after dropping RSJ from their menu.

The great news is that he is talking to them, & says that his mind is still not made up !!!

Stay tuned.......

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc. [​IMG]

2. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I don't understand why a player commits to a university if his mind is still not made up. I like that his mind is not made up because it means UT still has a chance. I can see somebody changing his mind, and I can see Daje Johnson and Bryce Cottrell being swayed by a new offer they didn't have before. But if his mind is "still not made up", committing to Baylor or any university makes no sense to me.

3. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

I think the kids get all warped up in the attention They get from every media outlet. Recruiting this day is so much different than even just 10 years ago. Social media puts everything int he spotlight. RR picked Baylor because he says he likes it. At the time Texas already had 3 WR commits all of whom were nationally sought. If the kids heart isn't into the school 100%, I can see why they change.

Kids like RR might really want Playing time over what their favorite school is. Others Like RSJ have outside factors keeping them form their top choice. I can't blame any recruit from changing their minds. Its the next 4 years of their live if they are lucky.

4. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Things change also. If you commit & then your anticipated coach gets fired, things have now changed.

The Texas future WR landscape has definitely changed since he commited, but who knows why he is having second thoughts. If he decides to become a Horn, I'll be thrilled.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

5. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

6. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

Frankly I'm surprised there aren't a lot more changes. We're talking about a decision that will affect someone's life for the rest of their life.

What's the difference between a football player switching and a professional worker accepting a job offer and resigning? If you get an offer that will make you happy (ier) then my advice is take it.

7. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

8. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

9. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

10. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

It's a nice thing if you have loyalty to your employer, however you are a commodity. And so are these college players. They should do what is best for them. Having said that, thank God that we have a coach that treats them respectfully and gives them a chance to develop into fine young men.
    In addition, a verbal commitment is not a contract. Just ask coaches like Saban who are said to pull offers. If true, then it works both ways. Until the contract (LOI) is signed then its just a handshake deal.