Rod Davis - Texas lean?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by TXEX94, Jan 20, 2008.

1. TXEX94

TXEX94 25+ Posts

Any idea if we get him after this weekend? [​IMG]

2. Loud Sirens

Loud Sirens < 25 Posts

Toss-up is what Rivals is reporting. Fact that he did not commit this weekend is interesting.

3. TXEX94

TXEX94 25+ Posts

Thanks ! Hope he sees the sun come up burnt orange tomorrow. All I know is that I see our former DT's on Sunday. Can't say that about many aggies, much less their DT's.

Maybe he"ll join D. Scott as BIG XII freshman player of the year! [​IMG]

4. Loud Sirens

Loud Sirens < 25 Posts

You know before this year I think it was about even. Aggie players are much older though so the balance will definitely change in the coming years. As far as DT's, Ty Warren, Sam Adams, and Pat Williams are 3 Aggie DT's that are still in the league. Maybe Rocky Bernard, not sure on him.

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, Bernard's still in the league too. But it's been like 6 years since any of them played for A&M. It's hard for anyone to prove that A&M had better DT's than us this millenium, despite the obvious 2-in-a-row games to them.

6. hornfan_82

hornfan_82 100+ Posts

any news? one guy on texags said the info was out, but didnt say what it was.

7. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Rivals still has him as "soft verbal" to a&m

8. HMFIC

HMFIC 100+ Posts

If he left Austin w/out committing, I would believe the situation is favoring A&M.

9. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

10. bevaux

bevaux 250+ Posts

I'm not sure he got an offer. Time will tell.

11. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

Tough to call, but based on what I've read I think he'd an aggy lean.

12. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

13. Loud Sirens

Loud Sirens < 25 Posts

May come down to signing day.

14. jkavvy

jkavvy 25+ Posts

DJ Monroe took his official visit the same weekend. He was asked by Inside Texas if he tried to recruit Davis during the visit. Monroe said he didn't have to and that he thinks Davis will eventually choose Texas.

We probably won't know for a while.

15. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

From what I have heard, he's pretty up in the air between us and aggy now. IMHO, no news is good news at the moment. If this goes to signing day, I like our chances.

16. sum86

sum86 25+ Posts

Both are good schools and he will do well no matter which he chooses. With the new Aggie coaches you have an unproven quality. May be great, may suck, but most likely somewhere in between. It comes down to whether he likes Austin or College Station better. I cannot imagine someone picking to live in Aggieland over Austin, but to each his own.

17. lnghrn005

lnghrn005 250+ Posts

Before the Austin visit he said Texas had a lot of ground to make up. I'd think him not saying anything after the visit means Texas probably made up a lot of ground. Could be a good thing, maybe means we caught up and are even with a&m now and he's got a lot of thinking to do.

18. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

The fact that he didn't immediately re-solidify his commmitment to aggy is a good sign. His visit to Austin has given him a lot to think about. I'm with those that say, absent a quick commitment to the Horns, Rod's choice to mull this over is positive. [​IMG]

19. Orange Marrow

Orange Marrow 250+ Posts

Let's tap the brakes here.

By the accounts I've read here & elsewhere (no "premium" recruiting service subscriptions) he enjoyed his visit, and it's true Collie Station can't hold a candle to Austin...but technically he's still an aggy commit...I'm inclined to think the junk-grabbers retain the lead until we get a reliable indication to the contrary.

20. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

With the current departures from a&m, I would think losing Davis would hurt them more than getting Davis helps Texas, but only time will tell on that one.