Roe is dead

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by NJlonghorn, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Here's how the GOP could screw it up. They gain control of Congress after the midterm elections, so they're no longer on the outside. They get bold and push for a national ban on abortion (which is both fruitless and unconstitutional), and in the process, they get caught up in ugly and stupid fights over issues like rape exceptions, certain types of birth control, etc. We give the media a ton of sound bites of our people saying moronic things, which they'll dutifully broadcast nonstop. It doesn't hurt us in '22, but it does hurt us in '24.

Might some Democrats say stupid things too? Yes, they will. However, it won't come from their leaders, and the media will ignore them. Furthermore, they probably won't control Congress, so they won't be setting the agenda.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Mother's life in danger.

Do those same people agree with killing someone in self defense when your own life is in danger? That is basically what they are saying here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not if it's Kyle Rittenhouse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mother's life in danger.
    I can understand that
    Who gets to decide what is "danger".?

5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Precisely. Leftist hypocrisy knows no bounds. Rittenhouse, who shot and killed the very kind of kind scum the BLM/Antifa loons typically hate. But...white conservative kid.

Like I said, suddenly the diagnoses of rape or a woman being at death's door will increase by 10,000% because...science and "doctors".

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I had a similar discussion. It turns out women dying during an abortion is equally probable as these rare fatal pregnancies. I also asked about the millions of aborted fetuses. How much do they count? Basically, I was told if they are not wanted, it’s best they are aborted and thus don’t count.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They mention a case in Ireland, but what killed her was bad medical care and not the strict abortion law (no exceptions).

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I thought the discussion was between now and 2022 elections. To go beyond that assumes too many things.

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. That is the real point. The exceptional cases are used to push through their will, but logically their argument doesn't line up. They want abortions and they don't care how they can force it. That is the lesson I have learned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The GOP could only screw up '22 by running on a national ban. Some individual candidates might do that, but with everything bad that the Left has been doing, I don't think it'll cost them control of Congress.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Don’t underestimate their ability to screw up a sure thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Apparently Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day is renouncing his citizenship and moving to the UK. Typical stupidity of the modern Left. He craps on his own country to move to a country with tighter abortion laws than in his home state.

(Of course, the tax rates in UK may make him rethink think decision.)

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Once renounced, the USA should enforce the 'no take backs' rule.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

There is a need on both sides to compromise.

1. make birth control virtually free.
    2. Allow abortions when medically appropriate.
    3. Abortions allowed in the first trimester.
    4. Make adoption a priority.
    5. Make being a young parent easy.
    6. Sex Ed in school.
    7. Don’t rely on abstinence.

80% of Americans could get on board with this kind of work up. The far end of each side of the argument will keep it from happening.

I see the right has benefited greatly by creating this massive wedge issue. Many very fine people who were disgusted by the ***** grabber voted for him solely on this issue. The left needs to see that.

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m unsure why the left is in shock. This has been coming for years.

I look forward to the surge in foster parents and adoptions that will come from the pro-life crowd. **** in one hand and wish in the other. See which one fills up faster.

• poop poop x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    BC is free for many and nearly free for most. The number of media, pols and Hollywood types coming out saying they had abortions is stunning. Did these people need free BC?
    Who decides what is "medically appropriate? Gosnell and ilk?
    How is adoption not a priority now? explain
    Isn't sex ed already taught? Are they paying attention?
    Make young parenting easy?? How, gov't money??

it looks like many are relying on abortion as birth control
    Alec Baldwin's daughter Ireland just admitted to having an abortion. Do you think She didn't know how babies are made?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Both sides need to respect federalism on the issue. In some states, the pro-life side will totally win. In some, the pro-abortion rights side will totally win. In most states compromises will be reached that lean one way or the other.

I would agree on making adoption easy. The idea that people sometimes have to shell out thousands to adopt a child is a disgrace. If you're willing to adopt an unwanted child, it should be extremely easy and cheap. If you're a pregnant woman who's willing to give up a baby for adoption, every reasonable accommodation should be made to make it easy and cheap.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's ridiculously expensive and time consuming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Except I hope there is major vetting and careful scrutiny for people wanting to adopt.
    Especially now that sex trafficking is on the rise and groomer too
    btw
    • Foster-to-Adopt. : Adopting through the foster care system can generally be accomplished for under $2600, and often entirely for free, as these adoptions are through the public child welfare system.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't have a problem with reasonable vetting, but (1) $2,600 is still ridiculous considering that adoptive parents are doing a service not only to the child but to society, saving the government a fortune and (2) it shouldn't matter if you're a foster parent.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And I look forward to leftists supporting the work of crisis pregnancy centers rather than firebombing them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hot Hot x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

?? You don't have to be a foster parent to adopt.
    I am a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)Volunteer for kiddos taken from parents by the state.
    The number of children in the system is staggering.
    Watching a kiddo get adopted out of the system in a life changing experience for all including the judge. Most of the time it is nearly free.
    Since it is a legal proceeding someone has to pay the lawyer. That is where the cost comes from

• Like Like x 2
  23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Outstanding, young man! CASA volunteers are in too short supply.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

One group is the nuts on the edge. The other is the group in the middle that will likely not, metaphorically speaking, pick up a weapon and stand a post. I can talk the talk. I’m 55 and am adopting a t-ball player. I’m walking the walk. Let’s see some pro-lifers stepping up.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What self-serving, flip-flopping assclowns Bill Kristol and Charlie Sykes are.

Love to see Andrew Sullivan replying with the article from Kristol calling on Roe to be overturned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, I know you don't have to be a foster parent. What I'm saying is that it shouldn't matter. If you're a solid family wanting to adopt, it should be cheap and easy. The process should also be streamlined to keep costs down.

I'd even consider having the state fund the legal costs to a point. Sounds crazy, but consider what's happening. The adoptive parents are making that child no longer the burden of the state - no more Medicaid, food stamps, and welfare costs. The state is going to save hundreds of thousands on that kid. It's penny wise and pound foolish to make them take it in the garage on the adoption process.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

GOP tried to pass a free contraceptives bill but it was killed by dems. Look it up.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@mchammer , the UK is pretty lax on early abortion,
    I also liked this reply.

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I knew that. I saw later that the comparison was to his “state”, not the US, and deleted the post.

• Like Like x 1