Roschon Johnson

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ProdigalHorn, Nov 24, 2021.

1. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

At the risk of creating another HF cliche... Roschon to LB?

It just seems like you have a tremendous athlete who also happens to have one of the highest football IQs on the team, is the consummate leader/team player, and right now is sitting in the middle of the one position room where we have abundant depth.

He just seems like a guy who would succeed wherever you put him (except o-line... probably...) and would end up being more than just a stop-gap, but maybe a plus player. Oh... and we kinda need help at that position.

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Worked for Hank, er, Henry Shelton, um, Melton. Uh....

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Except Roschon is not one of those Mack Brown lardass RBs.

Roschon actually had Faircloth put him in on defense during crucial situations in HS. Of course, Roschon is one helluva lot smarter than Faircloth, who remains the second biggest mistake Port Neches ever made in athletics.

4. horninchicago

I was just funning with Shelton's name.

:fiestanana:

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

No problem with your post, but major problems with Mack Brown's love affair with lardass RBs, all of whom were too damn soft and weak to move a pile on 4th and two inches - the latter thanks to that Mr T wannabe lard *** embarrassment known as PuppyDog Madden.

I shall, however, give Madden his rightful place in Longhorn history as the biggest waste of space and money in the history of our football program.

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
  6. horninchicago

I knew I could get you to say "Puppy Dog".

:hookem2:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Back to the topic, I like the idea and have seen it proposed by others. RJ seems ideal for the position. Perhaps it could be his ticket to the next level.