Roy ready to dominate again?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by texaszete, May 13, 2010.

1. texaszete

texaszete 100+ Posts

2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

He just needs to shut up and do his job and elevate his game. Guy has been clueless since he's been with the boys. No excuses, he just needs to get after it and at least earn the #2 receiver spot. Austin has the #1 spot nailed down.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Roy is like the boy that cried wolf. If he doesn't shut up and put up soon, everyone is just going to ignore him.

4. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

At least he's not in "Rashaun Woods" territory... yet...

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

What Mandingo said! When has he? You mean when the supposed legend dropped TD passes here? When he helped divide a locker room? When Detroit was happy to get rid of him? Bless him for being a die hard Horn and so far not doing anything to shame the school and be a good ambassador but c'mon.

The guy has a ton to prove just to be average.

7. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Show me Roy, for the love of god show me. And Romo, throw him the ball like you mean for him to catch it.

8. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

Screw you guys, Roy will always be one of my favorite Horns!

9. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

yeah? who's you favorite all-time yankee...Raul Mondesi?

10. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

If there's anyone I always thought could dominate in the NFL but has never even come close, it's Roy.

11. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

12. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

When Roy was at Texas one of his biggest positives was YAC. I can't even remember many recent highlights of him busting loose and getting extra yards. The top guys that dominate do this.

13. BurntOrangeIrish

BurntOrangeIrish 100+ Posts

14. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Same song another year. [​IMG]

15. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

16. GigoloJoe

GigoloJoe 250+ Posts

He is an enigma.

17. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

...he's been catching 200 balls a week off JUGS guns during workouts

Really? a week? Shouldnt 200 a day be more like it? that's 30 a day..... thats not much

18. camarojoe98

camarojoe98 100+ Posts

Forget about YAC. I'll be happy if Romo gets it close enough and Roy just catches the damn ball.

19. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

I doubt he could catch the clap in Tijuana.

20. Jester101

Jester101 25+ Posts

The only time we will see Roy next year is when he is flashing the Horn sign on the sidelines after Dez catches yet another touchdown pass.....

21. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

22. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

23. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

I don't know which was more misleading: the OPs subject line or the segment with the talking heads.

1) Nowhere in the text of the attached article is the word "dominate" or "dominant" used.

2) The talking heads were complaining about his attitude, with Bruschi telling an anecdote about how he welcomed the Pats 10th overall pick, saying he told the rookie he was going to help the team win games... which is exactly what a verbatim quote from Williams says in the article under the video.

If Roy's being a "diva" (to quote the heads), put something in the article below to substantiate that babble.

It just sounds like guys trying to fill the offseason so they keep getting a check from ESPN.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying he isn't being a diva or having a bad attitude; I just don't see any evidence provided on the link to support those charges.

24. texaszete

texaszete 100+ Posts

25. Jester101

Jester101 25+ Posts

One would hope that the amount of talking would at least match on field performance. In Roy's case, complete silence would be appropriate.

26. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

I had a couple comments about Roy catching a whopping 200 balls a week from the jugs gun, but when you come to the party this late, the jokes have already been told.