RRISD superintendent assault investigation saga

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Statalyzer, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So there's a lot to this one since this has been going on for over half a year now, but I'm surprised at how little attention this has gotten.

* In June, Round Rock ISD was looking to hire Hafedh Azaiez, then-superintendent of Donna ISD, as their own. In Donna he was lambasted for how he used district police as his own personal enforcers to stop a whistleblower - the cops went to a house of a 70 year old grandmother and threatened her with arrest for trespassing if she ever set a foot on school grounds. Accordingly, community members speak out an RRISD board meeting, petitioning the board to delay hiring Azaiez for two weeks for further investigation and vetting. The school board votes 5-2 to hire him immediately and presents him to the meeting as the new RRISD Superintendent. He was present at the meeting the whole time in a back room, with a prepared speech - which the 5 members who voted yes already knew beforehand, but the other 2 members and the community did not.

* In August, a Round Rock parent uncovered evidence that Azaiez was also a domestic abuser. Should note at this point that this is merely an accusation, and not proof - I have no idea if he did this or not - but it seems something that certainly warrants investigation. Allegedly, he got his girlfriend (not his wife, though he is married) pregnant and wanted her to get an abortion, and when she refused, he beat her hoping to cause a miscarriage. What is known: she obtained a protective order from the Court, which found it credible that she was his girlfriend, that he had lied to her about his marital status, and that there was a need for her protection. There are text messages discovered which prove that he did urge her to get an abortion, and that he did at least threaten to injure her if she didn't. Also, the Travis County Sheriff's Office has confirmed it has an active investigation into Azaiez for the assault.

* The girlfriends house is robbed soon after - only her laptop and diary are stolen.

* Amy Weir, president RRISD board, supported by 4 of the other 6 board members, claimed she that none of board ever knew about this. However, in Hafedh Azaiez's own affidavit (he attempted a counter restraining order against his girlfriend, which was denied) he states that Weir contacted him and told him "Your girlfriend has emailed all the board members asking for one-on-one meetings with us regarding the allegations". So either Weir or Azaiez is lying.

* An open letter was thus sent to the RRISD board, portions of which follow:

* As far as I know, the letter went unanswered. At the next meeting, the concerned parent alleges he was met in the restroom by the Chief of Police who issued stern but vague threats not to speak up. What isn't alleged (there is clear video) is that president Weir first demanded he leave the premises and not speak. Then during his time speaking that he was legally allowed to have - in which he was not disruptive, just speaking directly and calmly - she summarily demanded the police remove him the moment he said "our superintendent has a protective order-". Apparently Round Rock cops follow orders on a whim from the school board rather than respect the law? Personally I wonder if Azaiez was behind this too, given how it resembles his actions at his previous job.

* At the next meeting, Azaiez and Weir attempted to change the rules for the public meeting, violating the Open Meetings act on the pretense of Covid space restrictions (allowing only 18 attendees in a room with space for 350). Danielle Weston and Mary Bone, the other 2 trustees of the school board, walked out in protest. Per Weston "The Texas Open Meetings Act states that the public must have full access to board meetings, but the school police were used to prevent members of the public from entering our meeting." Williamson County police not only forcibly blocked two particular fathers, known as the leaders of the Azaiez-should-resign movement, from entering the meeting, but went to their homes the next day and arrested them on the basis that they would likely cause disruptions to future proceedings.

[​IMG]

* Some further statements by Weston:

* Since this point, other concerned parents have attempted to speak on the issue but each one has been shouted down by the board to prevent them from being heard, although I believe there have been no further arrests.

* Then in November, the 5 members who supported turning a blind eye to the Azaiez allegations attempted to pass a resolution barring Weston and Bone from participating in any board activities or even setting foot onto RRISD property, effectively attempting to summarily de-facto cancel the results of the RRISD trustee elections. They file an injunction filed to stop this resolution, which was upheld.

* Finally, TEA (TX Education Agency) got involved and decided to take the matter out of board president Weir's hands and investigate Azaiez themselves, as well as sending a monitor to oversee future meetings. TEA also recommended that the RRISD put superintendent Azaiez on leave. There are also plans for the investigator to look over Weir, and also members Vessa, Feller, Xiao, and Harrison, regarding whether or not they lied about the victim having contacted them. So far they have been able to block that investigation from even taking place.

• WTF? WTF? x 4
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

More little petty dictators. Frustrated with their own crummy lives, they try to take it out on anyone they can once they get one little sliver of power. This sort of thing doesn't surprise me in Donna (Rio Grande Valley). But Round Rock, c'mon... The citizens should actually get out and vote in the school board elections and throw these sorry bums out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The RR school board is a steaming pile of garbage. 5 of the 7 members are SJWs. The other 2 voice their displeasure, but can't do anything about it. One of the board members from my area specifically ran on increasing diversity. I didn't vote for her, but she got in. Probably because no one really knows what these people are about.

They hired an alleged felon and have been covering for him for a year now. They finally placed him on leave a couple of weeks ago after some concerned parents raised hell and several of them got throw in jail for a night. Of course the Supe is still being paid. He should be thrown never to work with schools ever again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

People should ALWAYS be paying attention to little things like school board elections...even if they don't have kids. Those petty tyrants can ALSO seek to pass things which impact property taxes...those bond elections don't just miraculously print themselves on the ballots.

And, as we have learned in the past few years...indoctrination of the kids hurts EVERYONE!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The worst part is how the cops are just the hired slaves of any elected official who orders them around. As I've said before, if the mayor of any big city in America ordered the police to conduct a no-knock, no-search warrant 4am raid on their political enemy, the only asked questions would be about the amount of chargeable overtime.

Elected officials like mayors or school board members do not have the authority to direct the police, even their own flunkies like school police, to arrest someone. As a sworn law enforcement officer, they have the responsibility to only arrest a person if they have evidence of a law being broken, not when their master snaps their fingers.

I've thought for years the police were getting themselves out into no-man's land. The left hates local and state police (Feds are dreamy as they've been state secret police for 30 years). The right has traditionally supported state and local cops - but as they've allowed themselves to be turned into the personal security detail of elected leftists, now those on the right don't like them either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

More proof that Williamson county has turned blue. RRISD used to be known as one of the best districts in the state. Now its just plain corrupt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of which, one thing I left out of the initial post b/c it was already long enough, is that the "Fab 5" waited until they had temporarily banned the other 2 from the meetings to vote on a tax increase. They then announced it "passed" 4-1, even though legally it needs at least 60% of the total board to pass, not 60% of those present, meaning it actually failed as only 57% (4 of 7) voted in favor.

A suit was filed by the Travis County Taxpayers Union https://texasscorecard.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Zimmerman-v-RRISD-9-29-2021_Redacted.pdf

Yep. This is why we have to stop saying it's just a few bad apples - it's a problem with the mainstream, not the fringes, even though the "Abolish the police" and "ACAB" stuff goes way too far.

Round Rock ISD trustee announces plans to resign at next board meeting | KXAN Austin

So Xiao is resigning soon. His statement is pretty vague: "It is unfortunate that the worst of people and the craziest ideas are brought forward into the bright light when incited by a few who have personal agendas and ill intentions. With the grandeur of words such as ‘education’ and ‘children.’"

I haven't seen much of that dislike from the right yet.

8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Xiao has been threatening to quit for at least a year. I wish he would have already.

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Is Xiao one of the fruitloops, or one of the two decent people?

10. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

This interview goes in depth into this topic. It's truly incredible.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Fruit loop. The 2 decent ones are white women surprisingly.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Elect school board trustees in partisan elections in November of even-numbered years. Until that problem is fixed, the current racket will continue.

I'm disappointed in Cory Vessa. She has been a friend of Mrs. Deez's for several years. Her family does a lot of good and very real charitable work. It's sad to see her show bad judgment here.

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like a Texas issue to me. Texans... :)

PS: I became a little Bubba in Tyler/Mineola

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like many school boards in and around cities.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Xiao won't resign. He said he was going to resign this summer when the parents wanted an exemption to the mask mandate in the schools. He pouts and whines to get his way. But he won't go away. He is like a persistent rash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

RRISD predictably voted to bury their heads in the sand and reinstate the superintendent. There was a brief moment of hope a few weeks ago when 2 members who had previously been in lock-step with the "anti-me-too when it comes to a man who agrees with my politics" position, after reviewing the Texas Education Agency's report, voted to release Azaiez.

But during the meeting at the end of last week, they had switched back to the "No no, 'believe women' doesn't mean we believe those women" position. They didn't even address the TEA report during the meeting at all, instead choosing to read a letter from an unidentified lawyer about how Travis County dropped the criminal charges (which seems to have largely been done because the mistress is scared of him and doesn't wish the case to proceed).

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  17. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

RRISD has lost its Fing mind. Pathetic. When are the protests? I'll drive the 20 minutes up and participate.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

My understanding is that Azaiez paid hush-money to the woman he impregnated and *****-slapped when she wouldn't have an abortion. That would explain why the case wasn't being pursued.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Hey he loves kids, just not his own!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Here's an interesting update:

Victim's Legal Counsel Speaks Out About Round Rock ISD Board's Decision to Reinstate Superintendent Dr. Hafedh Azaiez

Pretty much all of this backs up what the community leaders were trying to say when they were summarily kicked out of public meetings by the head of the board.

Also, TEA confirmed that their own investigation is still ongoing, and that the RRISD board voting to ignore the reports doesn't mean anything to them as TEA has authority here.

RRISD in general, or the 4 to 5 board members in question, may even be the targets of lawsuits here (Azaiez certainly will be).

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Statalyzer, it is even worse. There are 2 good school board trustees that have tried to get Azaiez investigated and have also pushed for getting parents input considered around masking. One of them is being sued by "a concerned citizen".

It is apparent that even local government has now been taken over by Leftists. If you are a domestic abuser not problem. But if you oppose hiring a domestic abuser you get the law thrown at you. It is truly time to go on the attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Honestly, this whole thing makes me wonder what kind of crap Azeiez must have on this school board to get them to just ignore everything and risk their political careers for him.

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I suspect they don't believe they are risking their careers or that he has anything on them - he's on their team politically and so (not that different from the average person in this regard) they blindly assume he must be innocent, whereas if someone with different political beliefs was in the same situation they'd instantly know he must be guilty.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Vast right wing conspiracy

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

That's a possibility, but my speculation is that they see him as a brother in arms. He's nominally Muslim. He is a part of the neo-Liberal, Democratic elite. He will implement what they want him too.

Now that we see all the grooming, trans activism, and sexual abuse in public schools, I think he is on board to support all that in Round Rock. Austin ISD has already become public exposed for shameless evil. RRISD isn't far behind, but you have to have someone to push it. He owes them now. Right? So he will push what they want him to push.

We have to push back. Unfortunately, it is hard to tell who is for what until they are in place. I saw that first hand at the last election. I tried to research. But there was nothing out there. The Critical Marxist woman won election in my district. It was due to subterfuge.

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So RRISD finally was forced to release the report from the independent investigator. Even though this guy was still hired by the district and so not necessarily truly unbiased, his report mostly validates all the issues people had with the 5 board members.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon after, trustee Jun Xiao went ahead and made his resignation full and official: Round Rock ISD Trustee Jun Xiao announces resignation

28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Is Xiao one of the douchebag members, or one that has been trying to get to the truth?

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Douche

• Like Like x 2