RRISD superintendent assault investigation saga

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Statalyzer, Jan 28, 2022.

1. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

If the student was thrown into the room and landed perfectly in the center, you'd change your complaint from "throws him into a wall hitting his head" to something like "throws him to the floor." A VP can restrain a student from leaving a room but not put the student back in the room? Change the word "teacher" to "cop" in your points here and previously, and you'd fit right in with the Black Lives Matter crowd.

You're right, and I think we're all agreeing with you on the treatment of school board to citizen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Based on this: RRISD superintendent assault investigation saga which was a point by point rebuttal using facts, you seem to think highly of the BLM movement.

So then any argument not understanding this part would fit right in with the "Blue Code of Silence" movement :/

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

They can restrain him and even lead him into the room physically. But throwing him into the room was the opposite of restraint. Cops don't need to throw scrawny 13 year olds either. If that is acceptable treatment of a child to you then I don't want you anywhere near kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I am not sure what you are referring to. Please explain.

5. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I don't like BLM but see the parallels of treatment of cops to treatment of teachers - especially those at schools for troubled students - by average Joes. We'll never be cops and never be teachers yet we'll Monday morning QB how terrible they are and say what they should do different. Then we'll wonder why there's a shortage of applicants.

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I don't like BLM either. I hate them in fact. I would support throwing them in jail for inciting the riots they did in 2020. However, that doesn't justify when police actually do wrong. I don't even think Chauvin killed George Floyd. But cops do bad things frequently and the system is built to let them off the hook. The answer is to hold them accountable when they abuse their power and to support them when they are following protocol and using proportional force.

The same for teachers. The system has made them desperate by giving them little to no authority to punish misbehaving students. They get bullied themselves by students with little recourse. But when a grown man flings a 13 year into a wall, he has crossed the line. He has become the abuser and should be held accountable. At a minimum they should have forced the VP to apologize to the student and family for what he did. They made the student apologize for whatever he did that was wrong. The school board should have recommended probation or suspension too. But what they did was shut the parent up and cover up the incident. This will incentivize more teacher abuse. That will only give grievance groups like BLM more support in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I didn't say that very clearly, yeah. I meant that if you opposing the teacher's violent behavior makes you the equivalent of a BLM protestor who always assumes a cop was wrong, then him defending the teacher would make him the equivalent of cops who always cover for each other and protect their own even when they are obviously in the wrong.

I have been a teacher. And while were there were several kids I certainly wanted to be able to toss around and teach a lesson to, had I or any of my colleagues actually done anything like this, we'd have been fired and deservedly so.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The Board is about to get worse, if that's possible. All of the conservatives lost, and Cory Vessa (who was the least offensive of the bad apples) was defeated by Alicia Markum. Of course, she never talks about her agenda with any of specificity, but she's endorsed by the Austin Chronicle and the Travis and Williamson County Democratic Parties.

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Jeez. I wonder who the teacher's union supported. Teachers could be the most reliable and concentrated voting block I would think. Either that or people are very surface level, thinking Nice vs Mean. The conservative candidates weren't mean but that is how they were portrayed.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You're giving most of the public too much credit. The teachers clearly backed Markum, because she was the most clearly in their camp. Vessa was favorable to them but there were lines she wasn't willing to cross. Markum will go all the way for them like the worst actors on the Board.

People who weren't teachers largely didn't know who the hell anybody was and voted randomly, for racism, or based on name favorability. One of the candidates who did somewhat well but still lost had a Hispanic surname (racism).

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

What is it the teachers get out of a Leftist board? The ability to groom kids to sexual deviancy? No accountability for violence against students? No accountability for very very poor minority student outcomes. I am not disagreeing with you. Trying to connect the dots in my mind.

Yeah that goes into surface level thinking or ignorance. Combine that with the Leftist hegemony over culture today. It makes sense. I guess RRISD will have to get worse and worse and keep taking more of our money before a majority will understand. Sad.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They get a board that's more sympathetic and deferential to them and less so to parents. A parent complaint typically isn't it going to matter much to a leftist board. There's also the ideological element. Most public schools teachers are hardcore leftist God-haters. If they want to waste a lot of class time talking about dicks with little kids and bashing Republicans, a leftist board will let them do it.

They aren't paying much attention, and since the media supports leftist school boards, they're certainly not going to do anything to help out.

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Interesting thread. My cousin was Superintendent at RRISD. In fact, this hire may have been to replace him, not certain though. No idea how he performed as the Super or which way he leans politically, but he does have a far left leaning sister and a hard core conservative brother. I like him but if he was bad, that’s on him. Hope he was a good one though.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think Steve Flores was before Azaiez. I know little about him, because I moved overseas in 2011. Jesus Chavez was his predecessor. He was a throbbing tool but no where near as bad as Azaiez.

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'm glad you said "most", even though I do not believe that qualifier accurately describes Texas teachers. My cradle Catholic wife with 25 years teaching experience will definitely take issue with your assessment. Maybe it is more true of teachers who have been indoctrinated at college in the last 5 to 10 years, but Mrs. Sangre's cohort doesn't fit the bill.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LonghornCatholic

Steve is my cousin.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LonghornCatholic

Same. My covert teacher wife is a good God fearing woman.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Where does Mrs. Sangre teach? It makes a difference. A 50 year old teacher in Llano isn't going to be similar to a 30 year old in Round Rock.

19. Sangre Naranjada

Not Llano, but in a district quite similar.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Makes a big difference from urban and suburban districts. No comparison.

21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, the voters (and non-voters) there will get what they deserve.

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

My experience has been that most public school teachers are most definitely NOT hard core leftist G_d haters.

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

My take—if this was all out in the open, and the voters put the bums back in office anyway, so be it. They’ll get the school board they deserve. It’s like Massachusetts re-electing Ted Kennedy over and over by large margins.

24. Sangre Naranjada

It's more like if the Kopechne family persisted in voting for him. These people directly damage your children, and indirectly support others who also wish to damage them, and you return them to office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Not me! I talked to a lot of people about this. My next step is volunteering on a campaign.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    Please do.:hookem2:
    And get involved with your local GOP. Or Libertarian org. They need you. Go to just one meeting and you will understand how important and appreciated volunteers are.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Same. The quiet ones tend to be right, and the loud ones tend to be left so it seems they are all leftist.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It depends on where you are and the age of the teachers. Older teachers in rural areas usually aren't leftist God-haters. Go into a suburban or urban district, and it's a very different dynamic, especially outside the south. Furthermore, the teachers who are politically active are almost universally leftist. Those who aren't are almost completely silent.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022