Rudy Guiliani's defense of Trump

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Seattle Husker, Jun 6, 2018.

1. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Why stop at the last two GOP Presidents? The last 2 Dem Presidents were deep in the swamp as well. Clinton and Obama were the most two corrupt Presidents we ever had. What those two Presidents got that Nixon didn't was protection from the MSM.

2. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Paul Manafort making new friends today. Fresh fish.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Former Watergate Prosecutor Nick Akerman thinks Manafort may never see the outside of a jail cell. He said it was the conviction of one of the Watergate burglars who was sentenced to 25yrs that ultimately broke their case wide open. It was the sentence that caused McCord to begin talking. Manafort is 69 (who knew?) thus if he goes to jail it's likely for life.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So will podesta then and a thousand more.

5. Seattle Husker

Huh?

6. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Simple. For every GOP campaign chair that goes to jail, a Dem must also then be jailed. And a thousand more as a reprisal.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What has Manafort been accused of that hundreds of other lobbyists in DC who represent foreign countries haven’t done?

8. Seattle Husker

Not saying their aren't other lobbyists out there like Manafort but "thousands"? That's a leap of faith. I'd be OK if this was the pebble that created a giant wave of cleaning up lobbying. I suspect it's a pretty dirty business and one of the greatest threats to our democracy, IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There is a pretty big distinction between McCord and Manafort that Akerman is ignoring (and that I'm sure the partisan hacks on MSNBC where he made the statement aren't bringing up). McCord was in trouble for things that were actually related to Watergate. At least so far, what Manafort is in trouble for isn't related to his Trump activity. Keep in mind that Paul Manfort has been a dirty character for 30 years, and there was probably a mountain of evidence to jail the guy for a very long time. Could that change and eventually lead to Trump activity? Sure, but it's speculation at this point, and until we get beyond that, Akerman is talking out his ***.

10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I surmise what he’s under the gun for is what they’re using as leverage. Mueller would play his cards close to the vest and not throw that stuff out there if he didn’t need to.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Mueller going to make a claim of obstruction of Trump firing Comey and/or Trump asking about Flynn in front of Comey though we know now that Yates or others refused to tell Trump that Flynn was under investigation. Congress Dems really don’t want impeachment cause GOP will do the same for similar reasons (find a fake charge applied to a president you despise).

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Since the CIA/FBI has been the investigating Trump since at least May 2016, it is safe to assume there is nothing there regarding Russian collusion. Pushing back against a witch hunt, sure. Mueller has been hoping to find sterner stuff. If you follow Trump’s tweets, it’s obvious where this is going.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, I understand the strategy, but Manafort would need to have dirt on Trump for this to work. Both you and Akerman (who's a partisan Democrat) are essentially assuming that and then running down the "Trump's in trouble" trail, when it's wishful thinking. Mueller might also be using it as leverage to get Manafort to testify that Chuck Schumer runs a Russian sex toy business out of his house and doesn't pay taxes on it. See where this can go if speculation becomes part of serious discussion?

As I've said before, it's much smarter to just wait until Mueller is finished. Of course, Akerman and his partisan hack friends at MSNBC are doing this to drive a political agenda, not to have a serious discussion about the issue. Maybe Fox News will run with my theory Russian sex toy theory to accomplish the reverse goal.

"This is breaking news here on the Fox News Channel. A prominent (opinion) former attorney on a respected message board has put forth a possible theory on why Paul Manafort was indicted, and it may not lead to President Trump at all but to his chief opposition leader. He theorizes that Mueller may actually be using the indictment as leverage to induce Manafort to testify regarding a possible Russian sex toy business that may have been run out of the home of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer - a business from which he did not pay federal income or payroll taxes. Obviously we're still waiting for Mueller to reveal his intentions, but if this damaging information about Senator Schumer breaks, you'll hear it here first. So stay tuned to the Fox News Channel."

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The trump tower meeting was collusion.

Golly, there might be tapes.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And what was Hillary paying Russian agents via intermediaries for dirt on Trump?