Russell Westbrook benched??

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by eddro134, May 19, 2011.

1. eddro134

eddro134 < 25 Posts

Anyone catch why Westbrook was benched the entire 4th quarter?

2. Longhorn0184

Longhorn0184 250+ Posts

As far as I could tell from the press conference it seems as though things were just working well with the crew that started the 4th.. so no need to put him back in. That's what I got out of it.

3. Longhorn0184

Longhorn0184 250+ Posts

Oh... and... Harden had 0 turnovers.. so I'm sure that played a part

4. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

and Westbrook is a selfish son of a *****. it's all about him. and his smug attitude on the bench even. He either earned a hard lesson tonight which will greatly help OKC or he will sit his *** down.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

While he didn't play well in game 1, it seems to me that Westbrook is trying to involve more of his teammates in the offense in this series. He actually played pretty well last night, with the exception of a couple of foolish turnovers - one just prior to him being pulled in the second half.

It could have been his comments to the coach as much as how the subs were playing that kept him out for the remainder of the game. He was clearly upset at first, but seemed to calm down and focused more on cheering for his teammates late in the game.

While the bench -particularly Harden - stepped up last night, the Thunder will need Westbrook's best if they are going to have a chance to win this series.

6. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

Westbrook was talking **** on the bench after being pulled. I wonder what Mo Cheeks came over and said to him?

7. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Mo Cheeks was offering his suit for his jersey to show how playing the point is done. It's a tough situation in that they need Westbrook at his best to have a chance so he has to play. But sooner or later he starts making bad decisions that will cost his team.

8. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

Mo probably told him that if he was going to act like a whiney little *****, he should do it in the locker room. Westbrook is talented, but is lacking between the ears and can be extremely selfish with the ball. Sit him.

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

For several games, I've wanted the coach to control or else bench Westbrook, since he's such a ballhog. Still, last night, he actually played well, so it's ironic that that was the game he got benched in. Also, while he may have said something obnoxious to one of the coaches, I thought his overall demeanor was very controlled under the circumstances.

In other words, I don't like pulling for him much, but last night wasn't much of an example of anything negative.

10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Westbrook seems psycho.

Almost has Mike Tyson eyes.