RYO Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by 01 grad, Apr 24, 2009.

1. 01 grad

01 grad 250+ Posts

I received a new toy today. Supermatic Model C cigarette making machine. This thing is pretty cool. Basically drop a couple piches of tobacco in, insert empty cigarette tube, and pull handle. Voila, perfect cagarette.

I don't know for sure yet as I've not stuffed much so far, but I think this will wind up costing me ~$1.50/pack. Pretty significant savings verses 5-6/pack premade.

The catch is I have to buy non-aromatic pipe tobacco, as it is not taxed the same way as cigarrete tobacco. Same stuff, just cut coarser. Worked fine in machine and smoked same, so no big deal so far.

Anyone have experience with this and can recommend some tobaccos/tubes to try?

2. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

No advice, but be prepared for a plethora of smug, self righteous anti-smoking posts.

4. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

1st. Just don't invade my space and too bad they don't kill in a matter of months instead of years. Maybe people wouldn't smoke them then.

5. Brak

Brak 500+ Posts

This takes me back to my youth back in the 70's. I had a friend who bought one of those machines as he figured out that stores had no problem selling tobacco to kids, just cigarettes. So we used to make our own. Fortunately smoking never became a habit for me.