Saban Says Keilan Robinson Would Be "Playing Alot at Bama"

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Nov 19, 2021.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I know I know...could be just public posturing for the sake of competitive advantage and making yourself feel good...but he comes across sincere and hard to argue.
    Either way, fortifies a baffling question most of us have had...same question we had of Herman at times.
    It is obvious we need another game wrecker like Worthy and seems there could be many ways to utilize KR..even beyond traditional RB. So, why not??
    (Of course, we'll see him more this week..but why not before...)

Nick Saban says Keilan Robinson would ‘be playing a lot’ at Alabama

2. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

Oh brother. I'm suppose to believe Saban spends time dissecting the Texas football team during the season? Gimme a break.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Maybe, maybe not……but the dude does need more carries. Or is he hurt?

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I don't view Saban's comments as anything to do with Robinson's production at Texas. Their RB room has been struck with injury and they are down to 2 scholarship RBs. I do think Robinson would be a major player in their scheme this year. Will be interesting to see how he gets used for us these final 2 games with Bijan out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Last week he was hurt with the 'rona. :rolleyes1:

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That seems like it crosses a line
    To have a coach at one school say that about a player at another school
    Especially with the portal

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

KRobs answer tweet....

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

I think old Nick may have heard some other players are thinking about getting in the portal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

At least he used the smile_cry and not just the cryface lol

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Posturing while making KR the poster boy of what happens if you think anyone's pasture is greener than the one in Tusca.loosa.

Comment was not about Texas, not about Sark, but ALL about Alabama

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. RainH2burntO

Totally agree, Sabre. Likely spot on.

I just viewed it as a good springboard to talk about Keilan's "usage" since it has been a topic of discussion here this year.

Too bad we came into the year with 4 more talented players getting rave reviews and suppose to help us in Davis, Thornton, Robinson, and Omeire and due to injury and other factors haven't seen their impact with 3 of those but no one can explain the 4th - Robinson.

• Like Like x 2
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not sure what to think about this comment. Was he rumbling about Sark taking some of his staff back when he left? Is he digging on Sark here because of some grudge? I mean crap why would almighty Bama be pointing fingers at lowly Texas unless there were some hard feelings either because someone would dare transfer from the holy of holiest or he’s holding a grudge against the coaches. Seems odd to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

A little bit of chess from Coach Saban. "See what happens when you leave Bama?"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Yep, Saban "always be closing". Thats why he's the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

[​IMG]

It's almost that time of year...

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. RainH2burntO

Well...we will see Keilan on the field more this week.
    Sark better hope he doesn't tear it up or he will have an even harder time defending the lack of usage.
    And please...please...please...please...
    Can we get creative out of the backfield or off the end or slot creative usage for guys like this??
    Wheels, creative screens or even up the slot, short drags to involve scatback types and..even a tight end occassionally please. Whatever happened to the flanker?
    Quick backs coming out of the backfield are deadly in the pass game...so are tight ends. He did it all the time at Bama. Where is it? Do we lack personnel? Is it the protection?
    I do not pretend to know more than any of these coaches. I am just curious. Seems like you could wreak havoc on defenses with Worthy, Keilan, and a tight end mixing up routes and schemes...not to mention RJs versatility.

Thinking about Marshall Faulk and how he destroyed defenses catching passes out of the backfield.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You know what it is...

Look! A good photo of our offensive line!!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  18. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Saban doing some November 'crootin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Rain I say it’s the protection. Several times Bijan has run out from backfield to be initially covered and CT not having time to wait for him to get loose. And remember the screen we tried where it was completely blown up by the rush. I don’t throw blame on players incompetence or coaches scheme because I just do not know. I just know it has been disappointing.

20. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I know this there were many times the QB had time to throw. Having said that i really believe it was a lack of creativity of play calling and that disturbs me cause Sark had the reputation of being a creative play caller. But to me he seems to be more of a conservative play caller. I can build a strong case for that.
    Question: if a LB quickly went over to cover Bijan in the flat then why didn't we have a tight end or WR cut over to the vacant area for a pass? Etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Great post and if i could put 100 winner emojis there i would

22. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I need to understand, with Bijan Robinson in the backfield until this game, exactly when we should have replaced him with KR? Sure, I could see KR getting perhaps 2-3 more touches a game as a slot receiver or the like, but who among us would have replaced BR with KR?

I completely agree that KR is very talented, but there’s no way he would have ever replaced BR except to spell him for a few carries in a drive. Then again, who among us hasn’t been impressed with Jonathon Brooks, or isn’t comfortable with Roschon?

My point: Is there really anything to complain about here?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

He will get his chance Saturday to do exactly what his role has been, to fill in for BR if hurt. I’m hoping he blows it up and gets 200 yards. If he goes the same against KSt then we have 2 backs to rotate next year with Roschon moving to 3rd or perhaps a receiver slot cause he’s shown repeatedly he wants to play and be a part.

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Saban has never snarked about one of his coaches getting promoted before

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

This wasn’t my idea but I really like it. How about Roschon at LB? He’s got the size, toughness, speed, and smarts.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He did play some DB in critical situations in HS. I believe he had a pick to stop Nederland & preserve the win his senior year.

27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Guys like Roschon will play wherever the coaches think they can/should play. He’s got the Sam type attitude and has proved it on the field. Really respect the kid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  28. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

If it were up to me I would put everyone on the offense (except for the offensive line) on defense. The team would be so much better and I would make decent D coordinator money.

29. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Why doesn’t Saban comment on the players he’s recruited, offered a scholarship, and then the day before signing day revoked that scholarship?
    Did it to a TE last year. The kid was the longest committed recruit Bama had at the time

30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Because he has won 72 NCs and can say what he wants to say.