Sam Gone. SIAP

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BevoJoe, Jan 1, 2021.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Few QB Texas players I have liked more. Colt, Vince, Street. The list is short and Sam should be damn proud for what he brought to UT. He gave every ounce of his being. You can't ask for more. He didn't get us to the promise land, but he got us out of Charlie's disaster. Watching Bama right now it's evident college football is so different than almost ever before. Now that just a few can get players from all over the country, we essentially have 3 teams and everyone else. Is there room for a 4th or 5th, I'd say yes. Is there room for 10, no. As long as Bama can have the best QB, RB, and WR in the country, it's damn impossible to compete. And remember Waddle isn't playing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sam has been the ONLY leader in the most tumultuous season in our school's history. In previous decades, the HC would have been that person, but our coaching staff was incapable of handling the problems in a professional manner.

Sam stood tall, not just for The Eyes, but the traditions and virtue of The University of Texas. Whatever accolades come his way, have been earned.

:hookem2:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Put the right guy at the helm — no simple task, and Texas will be in the mix quickly for the best talent in the country. Heck, had we had someone reasonable, almost certainly the Brockermeyers (as an example) would be on their way to Austin, not Tuscaloosa. And it’s not like we haven’t been getting talent. Simply, we haven’t maximized the talent we have signed.

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

For his stand at the Cotton Bowl alone I will always be a Sam fan, that kid was a warrior and a true Longhorn who bled burnt orange. Best of luck to him at the next level.:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Alabama's speed is just too much for ND.

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Every great story needs a Sam. History will judge ours very well I think.