San Antonio Silver Stars to be sold

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Oct 12, 2017.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Question is where will the team end up? Fourteen years ago, they arrived in San Antonio from Utah.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/silver_stars/amp/Stars-sale-imminent-12274245.php

2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It’s looking like Las Vegas right now

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I guess they'll find out if A'ja Wilson likes the heat.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, if they do move there, just another reason to visit Sin City. :smile1:

5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Reports that Bill Lambeer will be the Coach & GM when the sale and move are final.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Be nice to have a sale that doesn't move a team every now and then. :D

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Las Vegas (formerly San Antonio) won the draft lottery and will pick first in the next WNBA Draft. After loading up at G/SF the past three years (McBride/Jefferson/Plum), have to think new HC/GM Bill Laimbeer goes after a big. Wonder if A’ja Wilson likes 115 degree temps?

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You don't notice it while indoors...and, TBH, it really isn't unbearable even on the outside as long as one stays hydrated. And yes, I HAVE walked the Strip from PH to the Venetian mid-day in August.

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Yeah - I almost threw in ‘but it’s a dry heat’.

10. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

I so wish we had a pro team in Austin. I became a Longhorn fan when I moved here because there was no pro team. I used in live in South Florida and had the very fun Miami Sol for several years.

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Say goodbye to the San Antonio Silver Stars and hello to the Las Vegas Aces.

[​IMG]

12. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 1