San Antonio Silver Stars to be sold

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Oct 12, 2017.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Question is where will the team end up? Fourteen years ago, they arrived in San Antonio from Utah.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/silver_stars/amp/Stars-sale-imminent-12274245.php

2. HornView

HornView 500+ Posts

It’s looking like Las Vegas right now

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 1,000+ Posts

I guess they'll find out if A'ja Wilson likes the heat.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, if they do move there, just another reason to visit Sin City. :smile1:

5. HornView

HornView 500+ Posts

Reports that Bill Lambeer will be the Coach & GM when the sale and move are final.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Be nice to have a sale that doesn't move a team every now and then. :D

7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Las Vegas (formerly San Antonio) won the draft lottery and will pick first in the next WNBA Draft. After loading up at G/SF the past three years (McBride/Jefferson/Plum), have to think new HC/GM Bill Laimbeer goes after a big. Wonder if A’ja Wilson likes 115 degree temps?

8. mb227

mb227 1,000+ Posts

You don't notice it while indoors...and, TBH, it really isn't unbearable even on the outside as long as one stays hydrated. And yes, I HAVE walked the Strip from PH to the Venetian mid-day in August.

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah - I almost threw in ‘but it’s a dry heat’.

10. Karen

Karen < 25 Posts

I so wish we had a pro team in Austin. I became a Longhorn fan when I moved here because there was no pro team. I used in live in South Florida and had the very fun Miami Sol for several years.