Sark is the coach...........

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LousianaHorn, Sep 11, 2022.

1. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

One game is not enough data to say. It's a good sign but not enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  2. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

You called it....

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

True and yesterday showed the weakness in this team. Very fragile in that Ewers got hurt and it changes our team that much. Anyone notice how JT has disappeared since Ewers went out? Very disappointed in the OL play yesterday. Cole Hutson just stood there and let a lineman run right past him yesterday. Cant recall what happened to Card on that play because I was screaming at the tv. When does pride come out in these guys and they say the man in front of me will not beat me?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Hot Hot x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hard to argue against Rod's stats.

Question is, how does Sark (and staff) grow stronger in the adjustments department?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I don't know. There was a defensive adjustment in the 2nd qtr when we starting sending additional pass rushers that make Smith rush. It worked and we built a 10 point halftime lead. Strangely, we never tried the tactic in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  7. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

It just seemed like a strange game.

I thought the effort was good throughout, but we never found any real rhythm on either side of the ball. Worthy going out seemed to flummox the offensive play calling.

Officials seemed to think we were playing the sooners with their refusal to call holding on the Tech oline. But that's almost business as usual, and not a reason for the loss in itself.

We just seemed dull. Somehow the coaches need to understand and convey to the players that, recent records aside, we are perceived as the big bad and will get every opponent's insecurity based venom and their best effort. We need to learn to relish that hatred, and delight in ruining the other guys' in season bowl game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Second Half Steve will turn it around.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The analysts and coaches+assistants up in the box high in the stadium need to improve their game.

10. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Unfortunately so!

11. rreading

rreading 100+ Posts

Would think that Gary could have some suggestions about adjustments. Hopefully that will help this year. Also we held up in the second half to retake the lead (or tie) in both these losses

Also really hard to say how good tech is this year. Their new coach is balls to the wall. 4th down? Who cares!

I won’t be surprised if they’re the next Kansas

I’m keeping the faith still

• Like Like x 1
  12. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, that's the problem.

Or as Charlie used to say, "we need to do better"

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  13. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

PK’s forte was “supposed” to be his mastery of defending air raid offenses. Have to wonder if Patterson had much input this week?
    Also agree this team acts entirely different with Quinn. Things just “click” with him in charge. Hudson’s better position might be wide receiver when Quinn is back.

14. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

We certainly didn't pressure enough in the 2nd half. Strangely the defense only rushed three guys lots of times. I don't remember anything good coming from that set.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow, that is not good coaching company Sark is with on the 6-8 record. Doesn't bode well. But there is time to right the ship if the right defensive changes are made.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Your Wrong

Your Wrong 500+ Posts

The team may act differently with Ewers. Sark may. Also keep in mind that Ewers has never had an opportunity to enjoy a 4th quarter collapse.

And do we seriously think Ewers scores in less than 3 plays yesterday?

And **** didn’t click versus ULM with Ewers. That was a very mediocre performance offensively against a poor team.

It just strikes me about the perception of Ewers. Think of all the great starts to games over the past year. Starts are not the problem. It’s not that he doesn’t have the tools or skills but damn if he hasn’t been anointed without doing much.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The weird thing is that this Tech offense was far from a classic Tech air raid. More like a drive the bus with a power running QB. Nothing frustrated me more than that QB plowing through our LBs and DBs attempted tackles on 4th down to move the chains. Over and over and over. This is how opponents must have felt when we had Sam.

We’ll get that fixed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Chop, we just got beat by a poor Tech team. The 2022 plane has crashed. More crashes to come, (when you least expect it). Thanks for flying Adios Airlines etc…

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  19. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

unfortunately it appears Sark won't be able to get it done(last years ou game, kansas last year and tech this year), but who knows - he will get at least 3-4 years - I do like how he has improved the recruiting on both the offensive and defensive lines - with his second half play calling, lack of instilling the will to win is very troublesome and is already a pattern - will it change????
    on a side note - we are already seeing the same major problems that happened last year - only 4 games into the season - it's hard to be hopeful, when it really doesn't appear there has been improvement in those areas from last year

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I have not been on the Sark bandwagon since he was hired. I think we just settled with him. However,I am tired of rotating coaches. That has not seemed to help one bit. Maybe when he has just the players he has recruited he will do better. I just wish he would get rid of PK and give GP a chance to run the defense. It would be nice to see Texas play defense again on a consistent basis.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

perhaps we will win more in the SEC.
    These pesky texas-bred, 3-star, unreçruited, chip-on-their--shoulder big 12 teams are hard to beat.

• Funny Funny x 4
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Wise.
    Coaches often grow, just like players. Constant churn in the program is poison.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

it's looking more and more like PK will be gone after this season.

24. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Card is doing pretty well in my book.
    completing 66.3 % with some drops. One interception and some nice runs for first downs, even while hobbled.
    Sark is more of the problem. He is lying about all gas no brakes up to this point. He needs to open up the playbook. How about adding some more speed with BT going deep and drawing safeties with him and throwing over the middle.
    Bijan is averaging 2 catches per game for 19.3 yards each. let him catch the ball more and you know he'll make the first guy miss.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

After turning this over in my mind for a couple of days I think Sark needs to look in the mirror. He is the leader of this team and he needs to show confidence in his players. If those players are not the first line starters or stars of the team because of injury then so be it. Or, if a player makes a mistake (like throwing a pick) don’t go into shell - stick your chest out and trust your guys - show your confidence in them. Let them get after it and prove they’re worthy. I think these kids can do it given the opportunity. Certainly the results couldn’t be worse.
    It’s similar in a way to when Mack decided to “let Vince be Vince”.
    There are a number of issues with this team like youth in certain areas, defensive lapses etc. but a team like TT should not be able to hang with regardless.
    Like someone said earlier, coaches can grow and learn from mistakes too.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Who is BT?

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We are missing QB, 2 WR, OL starters in Saturday’s game. When Quinn got hurt, season went from 8-4 to 6-6 (on average). With that said, not sure what happened to the defense in the 2nd half.

28. Sangre Naranjada

And what are your sources to support this opinion? It may well be correct, but let's hear why you think so.

29. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I was speaking of the freshman from north Texas. Brennan Thompson I think. I could be having a senior moment

• Like Like x 1
  30. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

sorry, my post does seem official sounding.
    I only said this due to the results of the defensive effort thus far and growing popular opinion.
    of course, the defensive effort against Bama is the exception.