Sark is the coach...........

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LousianaHorn, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Thanks. I disagree for now, but if we keep giving up leads in the 2nd half you will probably be proven right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I’m of the opposite strategy….Fire coaches until you find the right one is the most effective. You’ll pretty much know by year 2 with what you got.
    Most good coaches show immediate impact. Bad coaches need to get fired as fast as possible.

The myth of hurting a program with rotating and firing coaches is a wives tale. If I was a recruit it would actually show me that we demand success and don’t tolerate losing. Which helps the brand.

Especially now with the portal. The Texas name means we can recruit no matter how bad we are. The problem here is getting blue chips to play hard every game. In the new world you can be 5-7 one year and 10-2 the next.
    When ND hired Chip Kelly you could tell they got the right one immediately after years of bad hires.. Now that he is gone they aren’t as good. USC seems to have improved immediately with Lincoln. UTSA with Traylor etc…

• Like Like x 1
  3. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

If he lasts the year it will probably put Sark on the hot seat. Sark isnt the greatest in the world but he appears to be improving the team. Again, they didnt quit on saturday. We scored over 30 so that should win most games if we put any kind of defense on the field. Going 100 plays on D wont get it done. Who wouldnt be gassed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

After Vince told him to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

We need some Prime Time. This dam program is too stale. I guarentee you he will win a Natty before Sark does (before never is not too hard I have to admit)

• poop poop x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I might have not gotten the context right on Rewind with Sark on LHN.
    I am a HUGE Sark fan
    But if I understood what Sark was saying on Rewind, he was saying he and staff were there to teach team how to handle adversity in life
    NO SARK your job is to WIN games.

This is the first not positive post I have ever made vis avis Sark.
    I still believe but was disappointed in answer

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

There is no reason to like a coach that is 7-9 at Texas. Even if he is soft spoken and kind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

The natives begin to grow restless.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

....and weary.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Point of Order, Thompson is from Spearman which is in the Panhandle. The Panhandle is considered by most to be West Texas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I have always thought of the panhandle as North texas and el paso or anything west of Kerrville as west texas

13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I am pretty sure I know what Sark has been thinking lately.

winning is hard! :angry:

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

agree - right now his teams find a way to lose - not a winning attribute - never heard him address the second half play calling - to much talk on how they feel, need to play better, we're a better team this season etc - that's a loser's mentality - needs more focus on winning football games and that's it - there is enough talent there to be a solid top 20 ball club - not sure he is the guy - however, I will give him credit for addressing our needs in offensive and defensive lineman in recruiting - the tech coach mentioned in his post game celebration about how he told his team to just hang around they'll give us a chance or they will fold - something to that extent - so that is our rep now.....

15. Sangre Naranjada

Psssst. Let me tell you a secret.

That's been our rep for a decade or more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Same record as Charlie's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

As a native of the area I can attest that the locals consider themselves "West Texans" or "Northwest Texans". West of the Pecos is either "Far West Texas" or "Trans-Pecos Texas."

Of course I've heard people from that area call Dallas "East Texas." I don't guess there is a definitive reference.

Not trying to be argumentative...just trying to clarify.

• Like Like x 1
  18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

From the SI article, I didn't realize that we only have 4 players left from the 2019 recruiting class.

4 4th year players

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Sangre Naranjada

And of all the 2019 players who left, (I'd have to look at a list to refresh my memory about many of them) how many were addition by subtraction? How many really, really hurt when they left?

I think that class was full of overrated whiffs, with some true gems sprinkled in, most notably Roschon and Whittington.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I've seen some on here expecting an 8-4 or even 7-6 record before the season started.
    Well, we have lost two of those.
    One was expected and the other not so much.
    But maybe we'll win one we didn't expect to later.
    Hated losing that one but lots of football to play.

• Like Like x 2
  21. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I got a great idea for Sark. After every game host a picking party like Coach Royal and Edith did as she talks about in this short clip. Then I would be ready to call him "the coach".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

still leaves us abysmally thin with upperclassmen overall

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I don't track the plays Sark calls; I don't rewatch the games to see if PK's scheme sucks. I just watch the game. And for the last decade what I've seen is average talent. With only a few exceptions here and there we don't have what I call play makers or difference makers. When I watch the top teams, they usually have at least one player that the opposition flat out can't handle without weakening themselves in another area, ie double teams etc. Maybe that guy is on our roster now and just needs to develop. But we don't have a Kenneth Simms or Doug English or McMichael or Derrick Johnson that I see. I just see us as being 2-4 players away still.

The mental attitude, giving up 4th quarter leads? I don't know. Not in great shape? Loss of confidence? Culture? Whatever that means. It's frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

That is super cool. I had no idea.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. WorsterMan

People, just quoting:

"We just need to play better!"

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  27. WorsterMan

DFW seriously?

Having graduated from SFA, IMHO the real East Texas starts somewhere around Tyler / Commerce or some would argue even Athens or Mexia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Mexia? That’s west of I-45.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

When Sark decides that his second half strategy is to play to blow them out versus playing to not lose, he will have a chance. Unfortunately his stretch of giving up second half leads won’t stop if he doesn’t.

• Agree Agree x 4
  30. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

It seems so easy for many board particcipants to second guess the play calling in 2nd half and put down the Longhorn players and coaches......I'm guessing many believe it is real easy to overcome the defiencies left behind in the Herman and Srong eras.

It has to be a tough climb but I believe SS is the man to lead this team out of the darness into the light. We all want it!! Stay behind the players and coaches as they strive to overcome the adversities placed upon them. Be a team player!!

There is hope! Try competing in a tough enviroment with a hobbled QB and loss of you best WR, with TT in very fast paced O and run 100 plays while your offense couldnt get of the field and D just knocked silly by Kettley. I too was shocked that we got away from game plan executed in 1st half. Maybe we win with QE, but Card didnt hurt us with possible exeption of more deep success. He made several good plays with arm and his feet. It's over but stay on board with total support of your Horns!!

Different game less BR's fumble in overtime, but!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1