Sark vs. Lowlife Lincoln, QB Development

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dukesteer, Dec 7, 2022.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I thought this might be an interesting discussion.

Many believe that Lowlife Lincoln is a QB developmental genius, and some are now questioning Sark's effectiveness. A look at history seems to tell a different story.

With the possible exception of Caleb Williams, one could argue that Lowlife Lincoln ("LL") does not have the track record to have earned the genius assessment. He plugged and played Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray. True, both prospered in his system, but did he develop them? Not sure he deserves such credit. What about Rattler? From what I believe to be true, Rattler had stagnated, and only over the past several games at South Carolina has he prospered. Jalen Hurts? Great QB, but does LL deserve the credit?

Sark? Hard to argue about his developmental skills considering players like Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Tua Tagovailoa, Mac Jones & Bryce Young.

Another measure of QB development is how the player does at the next level.

LL -

Baker Mayfield - He has never lived up to the expectations and has become a journeyman in the League. Many don't believe that he should still be in the League.

Kyler Murray - True, he signed a massive contract with the Cardinals. But many wonder why. Has he proven that he can be effective at that level? I haven't seen it. In fact, I believe that he will be out of the League within five years, perhaps moving to baseball.

Jalen Hurts - Definitely a big-time player but again, what credit does LL deserve?

Sark -

It's a long list, included above: Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Tua Tagovailoa & Mac Jones. True Leinart, Sanchez and Locker may not have lived up to expectations, but all were first round draft choices. And unlike LL, it's hard to argue that Sark doesn't deserve credit for their development.

Finally, let's look at the character of these players. Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray & Caleb Williams vs. Carson Palmer, Tua Tagovailoa and Mac Jones? Need I say more?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Matt Cassell was also a QB under Sark.
    Had a pretty good run in the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Thank you.