Sark

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Driver 8, Jan 2, 2021.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Screw that. "We're Texas". We don't beg for players.

Next!

:coolnana:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Ha, they left the B12 as they were being whipped by Texas, to go to the Big 10 where they get whipped by everyone!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. horninchicago

Psst...come here.

I know.

:fiestanana:

5. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

By the way, Saban is a master of rehab. Wonder if that is part of why he is so successful... maybe he taps into the right mixture of discipline and psychology to take advantage of folks who have been tempered by troubles. I know that when Mike Locksley left New Mexico I said something to the effect that if I were a college administrator I wouldn't hire that guy to come to my campus in any role... not even as a part of a groundskeeping crew. At Alabama, he was a kick *** offensive coordinator. Now Locksley is head coach at Maryland... not winning much yet, but I haven't heard of him embarrassing the athletic department and university there either.

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Charlie Strong says hi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Duck Dodgers

Dude has a high / low cut, with a bleach blonde mullet. Give him a T-top Camaro and he's a Texas signee!

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Duck Dodgers

Yeah, but all those guys who has issues about Strong were actually soothsayers!

9. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

From what I’m seeing on twitter there are some bewildered players. Also several begging to keep Drayton, Ash and Carrington.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  10. LonghornCatholic

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. horninchicago

Does Sark like to hug and kiss players? Asking for a friend.

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Duck Dodgers

Players often want to keep their coach - remember when the guys busted into Charles's press conference after the Kansas loss, and cryingly threaded to quit if he was fired? Best response then was "I thought they quit last Saturday morning?"

There will be some turnover from this - so be it. Herman wasn't working out and needed to be given the sack. The firing of a head coach is actually a good reason for the Portal, not just lack of playing time.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Well, that is sort of the problem from the beginning - like who is in charge of the football program, who pays the bills, etc. Not surprised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Well, I said on the Herman thread that Sarkisian is just a guy. He has no proven record of success. But, if he’s the new coach, I’ll support him. Maybe the third time is the charm.

I hope he can import Alabama’s offense over here. I also hope we aren’t just jumping on him because he might have become Bama’s head coach-in-waiting and Bama knows best.

15. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Urban Meyer has already accepted the job, and then as psychological warfare told them to spread the rumor about Sarkisian so Alabama would be distracted for the championship game.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We havent had that in a LONG time

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

On the first part of your comment, I think that's because Touchdown Jesus was watching over them.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well, Texas would know about a Broyles-award winning O/C who had an insane amount of talent on offense and was under one of the best head coaches in the country...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I'll beg.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. horninchicago

Yeah that's where Texas is at right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Sark is Herman 2.0? Except a worse record as a head coach at a school in a worse conference. Great.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Name your five possible replacements

23. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I'm not close enough to see where it all went wrong for Tom Herman. Similar resumes don't necessarily represent similar persons. One great thing about people thriving after alcohol addiction is that they can focus on the right mindset and bring others along. It's not the optimal path to mental and spiritual health, but I have observed great strength among some I know who have traveled it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. LonghornCatholic

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Now official

29. Fan4life

Fan4life 25+ Posts

And it is confirmed. Just got the email that Sarkisian has been hired.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I agree Herman had to go. The relationship with the fans was broken.