Sark

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Driver 8, Jan 2, 2021.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Like a referee’s whistle....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

A picture is worth a thousand words...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Well, bud so was I. Thank goodness I was and I had people who believed in me.
    Without me being a drunk, I dunno but I don’t think I’d be the father and husband I am today.
    Let’s not cast stones on someone who made a mistake....now I can’t stand the celebrities who brag about beating an addiction- Because it’s why couldn’t you just get your **** together first, Sark doesn’t do that... he manned up and moved on. I digress so what I am saying is good for him welcome to Austin Steve and there’s a cat in Arlington Texas who is 100% behind you

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Not close. The lid should be open, a deuce in the bowl, and water level getting dangerously high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

So what will his sideline attire look like?

7. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Agreed!

8. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the breaking news there, Chip

9. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Duck, this is a Southlake Carrol thing just so everyone has in town knows they play Carroll football.
    And that’s if you miss their football T-shirt , bumper stickers and hats that they wear all the time

10. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I don’t understand, what is Nebraska about here? Not being sarcastic, I wanna be in on the joke.

11. Duck Dodgers

If I was a coach, I'd go for the old school look, when coaches had suits on, like Bear Bryant.

12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I’ve always wanted them to suit up like baseball managers( that weirds me out) in full helmet/neck roll and shoulder pads. Maybe with mirror visors, WR gloves...Love to see Saban with a numbered uni on... like that lil guy in a #78

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Basically it's a visual meaning, Nebraska's football program is in the shitter or toilet to be polite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Subtracting a negative is positive ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Duck Dodgers

A Husker threw his two cents worth in about Sak, so we had to remind him of his team's current football importance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I'm already imagining a young Arthur Blank.

17. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

He took a winless Wasington to 8 wins 4-5 years later, with what talent?

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Probably something like this...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Has Texas ever hired a fired college head coach before? I remember him in the Alamo bowl against Baylor — Ugly.

20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

John Mackovic

An argument can be made that "Texas" didn't hire him, that dumbass Bill Cunningham hired him over the objection of at least 70% of the "committee of 300", including former players who were on the KC team when the players revolted against Mackovic. So Mackovic had been fired from a P5 and from the NFL

21. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

@SabreHorn just do it. Sarkisian what do you think? I see a hungry coach. I do not know if he has the chops to pull off Texas but I believe we'll see his best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Gotcha, yeah No disrespect to the Cornhuskers but you want to talk about a blue blood program that went down the sink and has remained there and is in worse shape than Texas - by far that would be Nebraska and ....I like Nebraska

24. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. horninchicago

It was all in good fun...sort of. Nebraska fans didn't like us. We pwn3d them and they didn't like it. And, many of them still blame Texas for their demise to this day.

So, a Husker fan coming here to criticize a potential, at the time a little while ago, coaching selection by Texas after their track the last several years deserves some ribbing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Pulling hard for Sark but how would he know the current talent at Texas? Can’t imagine he has watched a single game unless maybe the bowl game and I doubt that.

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He’s seen the players during recruiting

• Like Like x 1
  28. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I KNOW I have on Orange colored glasses, but I agree with Sarl,,,National Champ talent ? No, but look at the skill positions and folks- I’ll not entertain the level of competition in the last few games- but UTs OL and DL played lights out.
    Bijon is ELITE,Sweat, Coburn, Overshown, Jamison, JuJu, j Moore’s... all top level talent. Add the b Whittington, Roe Johnson, the young DB... folks there is talent here.
    Ask CO.

29. horninchicago

I'd rather hear we have NC talent vs Strong's comments when he was hired.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My first reaction early this morning was, "hell no", but I agreed to give him a shot after I realized that Chris was forced to fish in an empty pond. I called a friend in Alabama who is one of the two people that brought Saban to Tuscaloosa. He said, "you got a steal, but you need to know that when Saban retires, we're coming to get him back".

As the day wears on, the idea has grown on me, particularly considering the other crapshoots.

Main thing is that I trust Chris to do the best for the program. People got upset because they didn't think anything was going on; but Chris was interviewing and discussing with candidates, preparing to recommend to Jay & the board an acceptable candidate.

The proof will come Sept 11 and Oct 9. That's when I decide.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5