Saturday Game Weather Forecast/OUCH!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Sep 7, 2018.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

I don't think that we will have a lot of fans at DKR if this forecast holds up. It also did not help matters that we lost last week.

Saturday
    Showers and thunderstorms likely. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
    Saturday Night
    Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 72. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

• Like Like x 1
  2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

"As coaches we see things differently than you the fans or the media do. You see rain and adversity. We see pizza. " - Tom Herman

• Like Like x 6
  3. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Yeah it’s looks bad was going to post tickets to sale then I looked at StubHub and saw folks were selling club and some suite tickets for 50 bucks, donated mine instead

4. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Couldn't give front row west side upper deck tickets away! Just sold them for $15 each! Excepting 30K-40K empty seats! Poor Del Conte.

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh s***.

6. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

No s***

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Texas is the best trained team in America, according to Herman's pregame speech. We will kick any bad weather's *** because we are more prepared and better trained than Mother Nature.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'll have extras under the overhang These were dry even in the Missouri monsoon. Maybe I can sell them. Buyer has to convince uber to avoid police and drive under stadium.

:hookem2:

9. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

You can get 4 in Upper Deck for $6 now on StubHub. And to think- there were jabs at Aggie for their <$10 tix for their Thursday night opener.

10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I used to yearn for the return of the $5 Stampede Zone tickets from the Mackovic era. Well, here we go.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well after all the hidden fees that's more like $26 a ticket. :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Shoot, a little rain isn't going to keep the true fan away, is it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Yeah, but a full price ticket was sub $50 then, the stadium was smaller, and the football was better. So... :beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They stopped that after Mackovic’s last year. I recall throwing up under the end zone seats after the Route 66 game due to a stomach virus. When Mack came the next year, those seats were mostly sold out.

15. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Ah...the Stampede Zone. 2 tix X $5 each X 6 home games = $60 a season. I started buying my 2 season tickets in the NEZ Mack's first year. Now have 2 great seats at $900+ a season. The past 5+ seasons have been worth about $60 a year, but I keep renewing and hoping....

:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I was a student through the 96 season and graduated in 1997. 97 season was my first year working, so I thought it was a great deal. I started season tickets in 1998 and got to see Ricky break the record against the Ags.

17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Looks like the rain won’t be a problem during the game I’m so upset now

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Just lost my tv signal. Hope it comes back up before the game but the storm is just starting.
    At least, so far, internet is still working.

19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

that was quick. back up and running.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Coolest opening game that I can recall