Saudis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Check this out

Saudi Prince Alwaleed got Obama into Harvard and paid his tuition

[​IMG]

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And he is one of the people arrested

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These Saudis were also big donors to the Clinton Foundation -- $25M

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Check out Trump back in Dec 2015

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Alwaleed is also the big money behind Twitter right now (as well as Citigroup, Apple & 21st Century Fox)
    And he is not just an Obama supporter and an Obama supporter but he is also a strident Trump hater

With Trump on travel, our military better be on full alert

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

History might be being made this weekend and as far as I can tell, its not being covered

10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I suppose I’ll have to learn about it on Hornfans

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Trump feud with Prince Alwaleed bin Talal goes back in time. They were at one time business associates. But Alwaleed has also long championed the Clintons, as well as Obama.

He is a controversial guy (vocal Israel hater). So much so that Rudy Giuliani rejected his offer of $10M after 9/11. It has also been alleged that he has ties to terrorism and has even funded terror groups.

In addition, Trump was a vocal supporter of a Bill permitting the families of September 11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia. Obama vetoed the Bill (see why he supported Obama?). But the Congress, in a rare show of courage, later overrode the veto. Trump also supported the release of 2002 Congressional report on the terror attacks, which indicated some of the hijackers had ties to members of the Saudi government.

There's more, Alwaleed also hated Trump's “America First” policies, fearing it might hurt his business interests (he is in Twitter, Citigroup, Apple and 21st Century Fox). He also hated Trump's idea that Saudi Arabia should accept Sunni refugees out of Yemen and Syria (they refused and still refuse). He even called Trump names on Twitter and said Trump should drop out of the race.

He is now apparently under arrest.

12. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Fascinating

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

click once to enlarge to make the insert more legible
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Should have long since stopped being one of our staunchest allies?

18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Is anyone reporting on this?? Anyone?

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont think its that easy to answer. I could argue it either way.
    Two things off the top of my head --
    (1) the petrodollar has largely been to our benefit
    (2) as bad as the Saudis are or may be, how much worse would it be if alternate Sunnis like Bin Laden or ISIS-types had access to that much cashflow?

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We have a joint venture in Saudi. I’ve met many Saudi’s around the dinner table. The leaders are often US educated, drive US cars, and supportive of the US. It is a good thing they are on our side. Could be a lot worse as stated by someone above.

By the way, the craziest thing about Saudi is that the roads, cars, etc look like US highways from the 70’s (or movies from that period) in that it is 90% US cars.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mansour bin Muqrin is a member of the House of Saud, and an "Advisor at the Court"...

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

" ...... The surprise arrests were immediately hailed by pro-government media outlets as the clearest sign yet that Prince Mohammed is keeping his promise to reform the country as it moves to overhaul its economy away from dependence on oil and liberalize some aspects of the ultraconservative society.

The kingdom's top council of clerics issued a public statement overnight saying it is an Islamic duty to fight corruption — essentially giving religious backing to the high-level arrests.

The Saudi government says the arrests are part of a wider effort to increase transparency, accountability and good governance — key reforms needed to attract greater international investments and appease a Saudi public that has for decades complained of rampant government corruption and misuse of public funds by top officials. Volatility from surprise moves reshaping the kingdom, however, are likely to worry investors..."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...solidates-anothers-power-grab/article/2639695

24. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

25. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Did only men drive in the US in the '70s?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some of these guys on this list are very bad dudes
    Arms dealers -- for terrorists and whomever else
    Point being, it does seem consistent with the article above that the Saudis really are trying to clean house
    We were after at least one of them
    So, we will see

30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Holy s****. And nothing (that I have seen) on the news.

• Like Like x 1