Saudis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

President Trump has called on Saudis to end Yemen blockade immediately, citing humanitarian concerns.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More reform -- Saudi Arabia announces that movie theaters will open in the kingdom next year, for the first time in more than 35 years

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

“I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse....”

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Obama benefactor Prince al-Waleed was let out. Terms undisclosed

https://www.wsj.com/articles/billio...-waleed-is-released-from-detention-1517056497

" ..... Several prominent Saudi businessmen have reached financial settlements with the kingdom in the past few days, including Waleed al-Ibrahim, owner of regional television network MBC, who also has been released, the people familiar with the matter said.

Other prominent names include Fawaz Alhokair, a major shareholder in fashion retailer Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair Co.; Khalid al-Tuwaijri, a former chief of the Royal Court; and Turki bin Nasser, a former head of the country’s meteorology and environmental protection agency, the people said. These people couldn’t be immediately reached for comment.

Saudi Arabia has secured about $100 billion in total after many of the more than 200 detained agreed to settle and were released, Saudi officials said.

The public prosecutor’s office said Wednesday that officials were moving ahead with plans to prosecute 95 people who were still detained and have declined to pay what the government describes as financial settlements."

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You read it here first

[​IMG]

8. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I’m not sure I even believe that, but if it’s even 40%, it’s amazing and helpful.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Muhammad bin Salman sitting at the foot of the Lamb of God, flanked by the Holy Family to his right and Christ the King to his left. Again, I say this guy is a once in a lifetime Mideast leader

[​IMG]

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Correct that to Saudi leader and I will agree with you. There are a number of mideast nations that are not hostile to hosting multiple religions, Egypt being primary in my mind.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In addition to this, in a very underreported story, Muhammad bin Salman recently ceded control of the Grand Mosque in Brussels. This mosque was leased to the Saudis in 1969 in a deal for cheaper oil. From this mosque, Saudi-funded imams controlled of the religious education received by the Muslim immigrant community. It's a big story because this mosque has been Grand Central Station for the promotion of Islamic supremacy, anti-Christian and anti-Semitic hatred throughout Europe.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Still disagree. I say no one in Middle East can accomplish more than the Saudi King.

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That I agree with. I was just pointing out there are other mideast nations and leaders who will be more than happy to support MBS and his reforms.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

This type of government is thousands of years old, for homogeneous and religious societies- the king supports the clergy in their role as leaders of the nation’s one legitimate faith. In return, the clergy supports the king’s legitimacy as ruler (and declares any challengers as illegitimate). This type of government is described in the OT in Judah as well. It is very stable.

It is autocratic. Democracy is terrific, but it doesn’t solve everything. Its best feature is that it keeps a minority from oppressing a majority. Democracy alone does not protect minorities nor individual rights (people can always be talked into voting away rights). I look at the example of Iran, where a similar monarchy was replaced by a democracy- and we see that given the chance, the Iranians will always vote for more Islam. I can’t see that is an improvement over the Shah.

16. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

That guy is one tough cookie. I suppose he'll be quite powerful for a long time--unless assassinated or whatever. I'm sure he has his flaws, but he gives an amazing presentation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That sounds like someone we just elected POTUS.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They are working together. Trump has been using Kushner as private envoy, bypassing the Obama leftovers at State (who all hate him and would leak everything they knew)

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, I hope we have something more reliable than Patriots for incoming nukes.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good question
    What did the Iranians do with our $150 Billion?
    And a sad reflection on the US media that he is the only one asking it

[​IMG]

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Damn it

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

KbS should quit killing Yemenis then. Hypocrite.

I'm no fan of the Iran regime, but I also don't agree with using their misconduct as an excuse to fire missiles at Syria on KSA's behalf.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Death to America" has apparently organically changed to "Death to the Dictator"

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mandatory hijab rule lifted

[​IMG]