Saying Goodbye to the Host After a Party

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by VYFan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

When you leave a large party, and it is still going on and the hosts are still in their party mode, do you always make a point of telling them you are leaving, and thanks, or do you just leave, and thank them later?

I've always thought that when people start surrounding the hosts with their going-away thanks, and talking about how great the party "was" that it starts to kill the party and those conversations are very formulaic anyway. So, I don't mind just leaving.

(And, does your answer apply to forum participation?)

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Enjoyed your post. Let’s do this again sometime.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Just wanted to say I had a great time and this was a great thread but I have to leave. Thank you for having it. Good night.

4. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I just woke up in my front yard after reading your post last night, and I can't find my car. My lawyer will be in touch.

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Depends on the type of party [​IMG]

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

7. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

All I remember is something about accuratehorn, a table and a German shepherd. The rest is kind of hazy.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I usually just say goodbye to whichever group of people I happen to be with when I decide to leave or that I happen to encountered on my path of exodus.

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Has anybody seen my dog? I came to this thread with it and cannot find it now. All I have is this tasty burger and I need it. Am tired from searching for my Rusty.

10. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

loop ... [​IMG]

11. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Bob Stoops hates parties, and golden retrievers.