Scalping Mav tickets?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Horn6721, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Has anyone had experience scalping tickets for mawv games?

I want to see Lamarcus when they play the mav's this Saturday.

any good adfvice?

2. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Nuke
    thanks for the info
    Of course I am like everyone else. wanting better tifckets than can be had from the ticket office which are upper deck behind basket

After i posted this went to Stub Hub. they have some in the upper deck
    I was hoping that maybe others had had good luck getting lower seats at the game.
    again, thanks for taking the time to post inhfo

4. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

The Mavs are playing the Sonics this Saturday, so you won't be seeing Lamarcus. I assume you meant KD?

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Prod
    silly me
    Yes I meant Kevin.
    I will also try to catch Lamarcus when Portland plays here
    thanks

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

J40
    thanks for the good info.
    I will take my chances scalping.

[​IMG]

7. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

wait for the game to start. i went to a mavs game a few weeks ago and was walking in after the start of the game and still plenty of scalpers outside still trying to unload tickets

8. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

9. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

Your friendly Hornfans moderator will let you in on a little secret-- the Mavs always release GOOD tickets the day before/day of game. Just check Ticketmaster.com throughout the day, and at some point they will be there. Sometimes they even have the $400 second-row seats for you super-rich folk.

I got my tix for Kevin on Monday (they dropped some early). Lower level, Row K, $79 each. I will be wearing orange (and TIVOing the Horns-Buffs for viewing afterwards).

By the way, this even works during the playoffs. I saw 2 games from lower-level in the Phoenix series 2 years back.

10. HornMafia

HornMafia 100+ Posts

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Everyone
    Thanks for sharing info

mafia
    wow greay site, to buy from season ticket holders. Ideal

We will be wearing Burnt Orange Proudly

[​IMG]

12. Shocking_News

Shocking_News 100+ Posts

Just as a warning...

One time a friend of mine and I scalped some very good lower level tickets right at tip. When we gave our ticket to the people who scan them, they told us that the tickets had been stolen and the ticketholders reported it to the Mavs. They asked us how we got them and everything and we thought we were going to get screwed. Turned out they were really nice to us and they took us into the ticket office and gave us the best tickets they had available in the place without charging us for them. It turned out well, but was scary for a few minutes.

13. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

FYI...Scalping is when you sell tickets for > face value; If you are the buyer, then you are buying scalped tickets.