Scrambling for Friday hotel -suggestions?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by PureTexan, Sep 9, 2008.

1. PureTexan

PureTexan 25+ Posts

Have Saturday night booked, but found out that we are coming in Friday so I'm scrambling. Any ideas on how to find a decent hotel without getting hammered price wise? Obviously, we'll have to move hotels on Saturday, but that is fine.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. cinchhorn

cinchhorn 100+ Posts

Is the UT hotel open yet? (MLK and Lavaca)

3. longhorn-ex

longhorn-ex 250+ Posts

This is a nice place .... and I believe they still have rooms available. Not that close to campus but can get to/from very easily (and fast) .... Suggest you call the hotel directly ... not the 800 number. We got a room for $99. Good luck!(Hyatt Place - Arboretum

4. tony2612

tony2612 25+ Posts

Northcross Suites off Burnet. I don't know how much you are willing to spend, but it's usually pretty resonable. I stayed there for the opener.

5. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Hilton Garden Inn Arboretum is good as well. In the parking lot of Bone Daddies.

6. marley

marley 500+ Posts

PureTexan,

If you don't have to be in Austin Friday night, there are still lots of inexpensive hotel rooms in Temple.

San Marcos has a number of rooms still available as well (although a bit more expensive).

Or even if you do need to be in Austin Friday night, both Temple and San Marcos are easy drives to/from Austin.

7. bevocbs

bevocbs 250+ Posts

Most of hotels in/around Austin are booked by coastal residents expecting the possibility of an evacuation. If they don't end up evacuating, could be lots of cancellations late thur. If there are evacuations.....good luck.

8. swc.lives.on

swc.lives.on 500+ Posts

I usually stay at Lakeway though it's a little pricy ($200+). I couple of weeks ago I almost tried the Wimberley Inn, which I think is a little more reasonable. Yes, I like to stay out of town and wake up in the country and don't mind a half hour drive out of town.

9. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

Unless you are coming from the coast, I'd recommend staying home. If the forecast stays the way it is, I doubt there'll be a football game.