Screwed

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mojo17, Oct 16, 2013.

1. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

The Teaparty has been vilianized and Republicans shamed but what is the end result. We get another humongous government social program that is already in shambles. The president promised it would lower cost and you could keep your Dr and insurance but only if your plan covers maternity care and psych care even if you are past the child bearing age. Taxes will be going up for everyone and if you sell your house you can give 3% to obamacare. Drs and hospital staff are already being laid off and where I work no raises for the 2nd straight year thanks to the ACA. We the people were lied to about the effects of Obamacare. I hope the left will be happy with what they have brought upon us.

2. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

I think Obamacare was a bad distraction for the conservative arm of the Republican party. Obamacare should implode under its own weight IF it continues down the path it has started.

What was more concerning was the transfer and abduction of power by the administration. The Congress holds the budget and purse strings and is constitutionally charged with appropriation and responsible spending. The president with the help of the senate and MSM has politically abducted this process. This ruins democracy.

The MSM allowed this "default" to become a biggy boogey man that it should have. I'm not saying the economy would have faired well in holding the debt ceiling but our debts only do not get paid out of the general revenue if the President decides not to pay these as given the duty. We do not "default" unless the president decides we stop interest payments. The American public has been hood-winked.

3. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

I am still quite amazed at the ignorance of world capital markets displayed by tea party supporters.

4. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Why don't you enlighten us ole mighty one. What did I post that was incorrect.

5. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

6. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

Never thought anyone could embarrass the state of Texas more than Rick Perry and along comes Rafael Ted Cruz!

[​IMG]

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I'm not impressed with Obamacare, how it was enacted and the compromises it contains. That said, I'm really tired of the Republican anger and brinksmanship. Why not instead of repealing Obamacare come up with a common sense alternative to a crappy status quo?

The health care system pre-Obamacare (and now) remains one where greedy corporations thrive absent price transparency and consumer responsibity. Costs grow in alarming proportion to the value delivered, consuming so much of the nation's resources that it squeezes almost everything else..

Why can't some smart centerists politicians come up with genuine reform that rewards delivery of better health, stops requiring physicians to spend more time trying to get paid than caring for patients, and give people who go in for a procedure some price transparency and ability to shop around.

That kind of common sense wouldn't be a bad idea in all other areas of the federal government. Hell, I don't see it so much about ideology as it is about competency. The ideologues only seem to care about ideology.

8. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

9. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

10. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

11. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG] Pathetic fool. [​IMG]

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

13. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

14. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

35....you are one of the "low information people" and has no idea what the Tea Party is. It is made up of average, normal Americans from all walks of life , who want the U.S. Constitution followed.

15. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

17. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Vol Horn 4 Life-
    Do you think the R's (or Tea Party) would have allowed the ACA to be presented to the American people? I seem to remember an active misinformation campaign put forth by many conservative elements. Does the term "death panels" ring a bell?

I don't think Obamacare is good policy but I also don't think the opposing party had any
    interest in a compromise solution then or now. When the only answer is "no" there isn't any room for compromise.

18. Vol Horn 4 Life

19. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

No, I think both sides suck *** and I wouldn't trust any of them to babysit my kids because I may find something I don't like when I got home.

I'm just tired of the libs playing the "they won't negotiate" card when they are just as bad or worse. I'm in favor of term limits, campaign spending limits and doing away with the party system all together.

21. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

22. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

In reply to:

23. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

24. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Read Wall Street Journal from today, Oct. 17, P. A13, "Obama Romneyizes the Republicans."

25. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

In reply to:

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

27. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

We are getting so far removed from ever having a balanced budget it's ridiculous. Where is the fiscal responsibility of this president? This Obamacare is going to make our government run postal service look like good business. We are getting on the brink of some major economic problems?

28. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

30. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts