SDSU vs TEXAS Anybody Watching?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by BevoJoe, Mar 19, 2019.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 5,000+ Posts

Well, that depends...do aggys count?

2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

What's interesting is that the teams with multiple 5* players make the final four. It's rare that the single 5* player makes it. Super Teams and Coaches with systems that know how to use 3* and 4* players. That's the final 4 for the most part.

Show me a team where arguably your best player is a 3* and I'll applaud/not criticize the 3*. But the coach can't coach when he's got the talent of Sweet 16 teams and multiple 5* players coming through and can barely break .500 ball.

3. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

It's all about the Hakeems and the Mos,
    not the Xs and the Os.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Brian Davis: "That means No. 2 Texas will likely now host the region final, should Horns advance."

No I am not pumped. The catch is "should Horns advance." There is huge doubt about whether the Horns will beat Xavier.

6. theiioftx

theiioftx 2,500+ Posts

Went to Dallas for regionals under Tom Penders and the Horns (Travis Mays and Lance Blanks) upset Xavier. Good times.

• Like Like x 1
  7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

and Wright

I was in West Campus. We all just went out to the street. Down to the drag. Thousands cheering.

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

I remember too. It's funny how we go from zero expectations and being thrilled with a win to thinking we should be in the sweet sixteen every year at a minimum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Murray State may not make the Final Four, but Ja Morant's lack of recruiting stars won't be the reason.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada Liquor Man

That's the demon that bit Rick Barnes on the ***.

• Agree Agree x 1