Search Committee

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by CanaTigers, Dec 18, 2013.

1. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Here are the folks searching

2. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

That is a lot of football knowledge?

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

The Link

Korn/Ferry International, headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world's largest executive search firm, and the largest publicly traded search firm in the United States, with 76 offices in North America

The Link

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Those unhappy with Mack should be pleased that not a single one of these was on DKR's "committee" that flew to Atlanta.

Of course, that group didn't need to pay an outside search firm to talk to MB. Neither did Deloss and Tom Hicks need a firm to talk to Gary Barnett or negotiate with Rocky.

5. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Boy, what have this all come to? I guess it will be easy for the LA firm to go and find Mora..

But does anybody in that search committee know of a game called football? I am not saying they don't, but difficult to say anything just based on their descriptions.... Are we looking for a CEO, then?

6. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

They're looking for a money maker [​IMG]

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

When you hire an executive recruiting firm you're no longer looking for a football coach. We're screwed.

8. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

there is enough money on that board to buy Fort Knox and then redecorate.

9. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Doomed! [​IMG]

10. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Doesn't look like what I'd expect from a group of people that are supposed to be looking for a football coach. Just my opinion.

11. Tan Ted Deki

Tan Ted Deki 500+ Posts

Could this committee simply be a front to distract from what's actually going on?

12. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^^ We are left to hope that this is the case.

13. HornSail

HornSail 25+ Posts

pretty much a whos who of the business and academic world but would think there would be at least one guy with an athletic background.......guess that part falls to Patterson and Korn Ferry

14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

15. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

And all that is really necessary and those people listed are the right ones to find a head football coach? I agree, they are looking for the best CEO-type coach possible to run a program, and not the best football coach to win championships. What a suckfest.

16. HornSail

HornSail 25+ Posts

come on Brad---don't you realize they play a lot of football in Switzerland...lol?

17. HornSail

HornSail 25+ Posts

it is like politics--if you have a "committee" and things don't work out well with the new coach nobody takes the blame

18. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

19. ReaganHorn

ReaganHorn 250+ Posts

Let's pay a guy $1.2 million and not trust him to hire his subordinates.

20. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

21. HornSail

HornSail 25+ Posts

First step for search committee is to recommend a raise for Steve Patterson since he is making $1.2 million to pass this off to a committee and next thing is to appoint an "Interim Coach" for 3 years so there is time to do a study (Korn Ferry has to run some bills) the American way......

Otherwise, if Deloss is around till year end why not have Deloss, Patterson and Jamail make a phone call or two to the individuals that have been on lists in their desks for some time and hire a coach in 30 minutes?

22. It Hurts

It Hurts 100+ Posts

This committee is nothing more than Patterson acknowledging who pays the bills and including the big wings so he can call favors in the future or cover his ***. I mean really what input could these people have that isn't already plastered all over the internet. Hell I could pick any coach in the top ten offer him a contract and have some success.

23. HornSail

HornSail 25+ Posts

Seems like Jamail, Deloss, and Patterson could knock down a few scotch n waters..make 1 or 2 phone calls from their list and get same result as the committee in less than an hour......depending upon how many drinks are involved.........

24. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Color me unimpressed

I think the LHN should have Gruden break down tape with all candidates so he can grill em like his QB show. I would luv to see that ...

We don't need a damn committee [​IMG]

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

27. bub

bub 100+ Posts

28. bub

bub 100+ Posts

Still. By far. The best. College Football. Game. I have. Ever. Seen.

I delayed my graduation app til 2005 for this reason.

I still can't understand how this team did this reflecting upon VY's NFL career and the fail of Carroll's career in the NFL with Patriots. I. Don't. Know.

Matt Leinert sucks is the lesson?

29. bub

bub 100+ Posts

Also? I HATE NOT HIDEF!

30. bub

bub 100+ Posts

I guess I love Mack Brown. I understand the process. Is what it is.